Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Morning Coffee Time


It's a lot better coffee these days too. The coffee maker I got for "free" a while back has been working fine. It errored a couple times during the first few days, so I had my doubts. One time it mysteriously shut off after only brewing about a half inch of coffee, and one time it shut off during warmer mode right before I went down for my second cup. It has been fine ever since. I'm using the coffees that came with it, so that may account for it tasting better too.

I told TJ at work about me and Sue yesterday. He thought it was pretty cool of course. Can you believe that nobody has caught us yet? I can't--We have made a few bold moves here and there, throwing caution into the wind. Is this any way for grandparents to act? You bet your ass it is!! I really love this lady and I'm really, really going to miss her when she's in Hawaii visiting her folks for the second week in March. Both of us have been totally smacked upside the head by each other, and even though it happened this late in life, it was worth waiting for!

Teresa called last night, wanting to know if I'd supervise and teach her to change the oil in her car. I know I've covered this before, but I will again. She should just pay someone to do it for her, but she's umm... frugal to say the least. On the other hand, it's good that she wants to learn stuff herself. She told me last night that she wants to do the whole thing this time as I show her what to do. In theory it's a great thing, but in reality I'm sure it won't exactly work. She won't be able to get the filter off for one thing. Oh well, considering she has to put up with Sarah's teen angst 24/7, it's the least I can do. I told her this afternoon would work fine, and if not, Sunday perhaps.

Boy was I in cleaning mode last night. A load o' laundry, washed dishes, cleaned toilets and sinks in both bathrooms, cleaned the tub/shower, and even managed to clean myself too. I kept that water heater working nonstop I'll bet...

There's one thing that happened last weekend that I still haven't mentioned in my daily musings. When Suzie and I were over at her son Denny's new house during the move process, we were out front talking to her oldest son, Kevin. Well, she and he were both talking while I was standing next to her is more accurate. Anyway, I was very pleased to hear him give his mom the verbal "thumbs up" about she and I being together. It gave me a good feeling. That's the first time I've heard anyone say that in my presence. Thanks, Kevin! As it stands now, most are good with it, a couple are okay with it, and one hates it. Not a bad average. The one that hates it better get used to it--This is his mom's time and she is going to enjoy the hell out of it, 100% approval or not.

Well, today is "get paid" day as well as "pay" day. My check comes in, hits the bank, then I stop on the way home and help my landlord pay his mortgage. Then I get to pay Teresa when she comes over. Hmm... When I think about it, it's like I'm paying her to allow me to change her oil isn't it? What a weird thing.

I talked to Sarah on the phone a little last night. I wanted to know how she did with tennis tryouts earlier in the week. She didn't do well because she was sickly, and was still coughing on the phone while I talked to her, but apparently she is going to be varsity this year! Not so much how she did, but rather the fact that they have just the right amount of good players to fill a varsity team and have a couple extras when someone doesn't show. She is good enough that she will get to play any time she is there I'm sure. She also told me that she was one of 7 people selected for a little $100 scholarship given by the local Masons club. She will be going to a dinner sometime in the near future to receive that. It's not much, but it will look good on college applications. Good for her! I have no doubt that she's college bound grade-wise, but she not exactly applying herself. She is smart enough that she could be a mover and shaker if she wanted to. She's just got her dad's "laid back" persona. Sorry Sarah... We didn't get to select features when we built you.

Yoo hoo, Suzie... It's Friday! It's our day!!

No comments: