Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Gradual Improvements


I'm am feeling better. Still symptomatic, but better. At least this time I don't feel so strongly about going back to bed. Sure, I love to go back to bed instead of going to work, but who wouldn't?

I went to a dinner/awards show last night put on by the Auburn chapter of the Masons. It was honoring juniors from all three of Auburn's High Schools that they had selected with a small scholarship award. Basically, if you were invited you were winning an award, and Sarah and one of her good friends were one of the chosen students. I don't remember the wording on the plaque that she won, but still--It's good to have any kind of organized function like Masons or Rotary Club or whatever present you with an award. It's a good thing to be able to note on your resume I would think. I'm still not sure on the monetary amount because that goes through other channels, but I think they each won $100. Like a boob, I forgot my camera. They had so many good setups for photo opportunities and I missed out. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I'd like to think I'm one step closer to figuring out what ails my truck. I've long suspected the ECM, which is the infamous onboard computer that controls practically everything that has to do with running and driving. Trouble is, you can't just scavenge one from a junkyard unless the vehicle you're taking it from has the same equipment (vehicle type, transmission, engine, carburetor, etc.) or it won't work. I located one on Craigslist last night and negotiated a price of $40. I hope to go get it this weekend and see if it does anything to fix the beast that has taken over my driveway. I believe it still has at least one full tank of sub-$3.00-a-gallon gas in it!

Yesterday morning I tried out my new Schick Quattro razor that showed up in the mail last week. I know I probably wasn't in the best mood to try out something like that but I did anyway. I shaved most of my face before throwing it in the garbage can and picking up my trusty Trac II and finishing the job. Why? It clogged up, that's why. In my humble opinion, Schick has always played second fiddle to Gillette. When Gillette announced (whenever it was) that they had come out with a 3-blade design called Mach 3, Schick immediately "bettered" them with their 4-blade design. Forget it Schick. Although I'm still a hold-out when it comes to the new design (money reasons mostly) Gillette's razor does work. Pack 4 blades together on a razor head and there's just not enough room for the hair to pass through. Three blades has plenty or gap between.

This consumer opinion provided free of charge for your enjoyment.

No comments: