Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hey, Look--It's Thursday


Was that supposed to be and amazing revelation? Nah... I just needed a title is all. It's just another day.

Yesterday morning I seemed to be just a little ahead of the game as far as my morning routine went. I went down the stairs after finishing my last cuppa coffee and stopped at the window that looks out into my driveway. Hmm... The sky looked very interesting, and I could tell by the way that the sky was looking that the sun was going to light up Mount Rainier with interesting colors. That put me in motion. I hurriedly gathered my work stuff together and sped for the Harley. On the way I grabbed my camera. Racing up the hill I got to a favorite vantage point just as the sun was starting to peek over the mountains. I stopped in front of another guy that happened to be thinking the very same thing--Also there on his motorcycle to catch the sun coming up. The shots weren't very good because I was in a hurry, but here's a sampling of what I got (click for bigger):




It really helps to have a tripod and use nice, slow settings, but I didn't have that luxury. One of these days I'll get up on a weekend with the intent of catching the sun making its appearance.

Work was uneventful. Suzie was in a very good mood yesterday, because as she put it, "It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders." When we got together after work she noted that the demeanor in the office seems to have a slightly different feel to it. Maybe her departure is starting to sink in? I'd say a week after she's gone it's going to be HUGE. I do not envy the folks that work in the office that don't really understand how much she does for that place. There will be a vortex behind her when she leaves.

I'd better chain myself to a post or something so I can watch safely...

We went out on the Harley last night to cap off the evening. It was an excellent night for it. Without an apparent destination in mind we just went south toward Sumner, thinking we might stop in at a tavern that looked interesting (i.e. with Harleys parked outside). Instead we ended up in Puyallup at Steve's house. As we pulled up in front of his house, there he was in the street, talking with his niece and her husband or boyfriend or whatever. They were there to show Steve his new Harley (nice bike!) and left shortly after. Suzie and I enjoyed a nice driveway chat with him for a while before heading home. While I did put the windshield on for our ride, I didn't put a backrest on. The result? She hung on real tight! :-)

3 comments:

Sue Z Q said...

Hey - it's "an amazing revelation" dweebo! Sorry, can't hep museff.

Rick Williams said...

Hey, now what am I supposed to do? If I fix it and it's not there, nobody will know what we're commenting about!

Sheesh... Critics...

Sue Z Q said...

Yeah, don't you just love it?!?!?