Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Replacement for Suzie


Duh... At work!

Yes, a gal showed up yesterday morning to take Suzie's job when she leaves. Sue will be training her on all the aspects of the "LaCroix Way" of doing things. It's good that they have some overlap time, but it's probably not a whole lot to help her out. She'll be there only today and tomorrow and won't show up again until after Sue is gone. Suzie's last day is Monday and we're planning on riding in on two wheels that day. It's pretty weird around there at work--The frenzied action comes and goes. My job has been very slow the last few days. I wish it would pick up because it's hard to look busy when you're not. The bright spot is Suzie--She has been on top of the world lately, and to add to that, everybody has been treating her like they should have been all along. I'm sure going to miss seeing her at work every day, but at least I can see her after.

I'm still futzing with my truck off and on, but not making much progress. It runs now, but not well. I'll keep futzing because that's what I do. I lack direction so I futz. Can you tell I like to futz? Or is it that I like the word? Futz, futz, futz, futz.

I installed my new wireless router last week and it works flawless. It was Thursday when I put it in, and I've suffered no dropouts or problems whatsoever since that time. It seems faster as well. See, when I have a purchase that actually works out (as opposed to one that is a waste of time and money) it tends to overshadow one or two bad ones. I guess that means if I make some bad purchases I need to keep buying stuff until I have a good one? Sounds costly to me...

No comments: