Thursday, July 17, 2008

Repair Mode


Here we go again. I went to the dermie doctor yesterday to take care of business. The bump on the side of my face that had been fixed a month and a half ago had grown back as big as it ever was. It was big enough that I was starting to think I should name it. It's awful embarrassing to have something on your face. After all, it's the place where you can't hide anything, and it's where everyone looks when they're talking to you. It's the place where first impressions mean the most. It made me cringe inside when I would be talking to someone and I would see them glance at it.

Okay, now I've got a flat, black circle on the side of my face where it used to be. I keep thinking, "Okay, although it's black, it's at least flat now, but even if it doesn't grow back, what will it look like?" Truthfully, I wanted it completely gone. Cut and stitched. Besides, Harley riders look better with a scar here and there don't they?

But that's not all. I also had them address two teeny warts that were bugging me. The trouble is, one of them was right below the bridge of my glasses. The other was safely tucked away under my arm near my elbow. Technically, they're still there because they've only been frozen with liquid nitrogen, but I use the word was optimistically to describe them. Now I have one big, black dot on the side of my face, and an inflamed red spot under the bridge of my glasses. Sigh.

I hate stuff like this. When people's bodies are in "repair mode" they often look worse than they did beforehand. I just hope everything works this time, because I will probably end up just repeating it at a later date if it doesn't.

No comments: