Monday, July 07, 2008

Monday Blahs?


I dunno... Maybe it's not Monday blahs. Maybe it's just the fact that it was 3 days off. Maybe it was that I didn't sleep very well last night.

I took Sarah home yesterday at about 3. I told her to be nice to her ma--That she was going to ask her a million questions, and rightly so. "Just answer them," I said, "She has been away from you for a week and a half and you are her life. She wants to know everything. Just be nice." I wasn't there long after dropping her off, but she seemed to be trying to be civil. I didn't detect the usual flustered air of teen angst that she usually projects.

Before I took Sarah home I was doing a little housework. Just a little. I took the flannel sheets off my bed and included them in a load of laundry. When I remade my bed I used my standard, smooth, 400-count cotton sheets and left the comforter off. It's the first time in quite a while I haven't had flannel sheets on the bed. Perhaps that has something to do with my not sleeping well? I think I may have to at least put the comforter back on though. Our weather has taken a bit of a turn once again.

I finally got to the end of my rope about my internet dropping out all the time and ordered a new wireless router. The sporadic condition was worse when Sarah was here because her laptop was on all the time downstairs. I was constantly having to reboot the router to get my internet back. I found a good deal online on a router that is highly-regarded within the computer geeks' circle. It should be here Thursday.

I went to Suzie's house after dropping Sarah off. She has been with a cold for the last several days and was feeling less than 100%, but was happy to see me nevertheless. We hung out for a while at her house but ended up coming down to my place to watch a movie. I hope she gets better soon.

According to some news that Sue just heard from one of her friends, the Renaissance Faire may not happen this summer. Apparently there are some land-use issues that are causing some sort of problems or disagreements. After all, it's not just anywhere you can host a big event like that and have it run for 3 weeks. Maybe that's the problem--Maybe they should just make it one weekend. I hope they get it figured out, because I've never been to one. Even Sarah expressed an interest in going.

Well, back to work in a little while. I'd like to take the Harley to work, but I have to stop at the grocery store on the way home.

Oh yeah, and I have a lot of dishes to do...

No comments: