Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Saturday Morning Report


Not much has happened this week really. It was a very eventful week as far as Suzie goes because Monday was her last day, but not much for me. I'm still having trouble grasping the fact that she's not at work, but I'm sure I'll get over it eventually.

She has been really enjoying herself these days. No more griping about work (which provided a lot of ammo--believe me) or having to worry about getting up at an early hour. Although she is officially a "non-earner" now, she at least does have the advantage of not spending much on gas any more. That's a major deal these days. If need be, I'll drive her anywhere she needs or wants to go.

We talked some heavy stuff this week: Marriage. Yes, you heard me right. I didn't say we were getting married yet, but we both discussed a lot of aspects of it a few nights ago and agreed it's inevitable. We are the most compatible people that I have ever met, seen, or heard of. For us to ever part would be a grave mistake in my opinion. Anyway, most of what we discussed revolved around me and my cautiousness. We discussed all the things on my mind, such as how I would feel like a roommate because I would be fitting into an existing household instead of starting from scratch. The fact that I'm scared (my words) and having a hard time making up my mind. The fact that the 2 ½ years I've been divorced have went by so fast that it doesn't feel like it's been long enough (long enough for what?). I over-analyze things and we both noted that. My heart tells me one thing and my brain usually concurs, but sometimes the brain steps up and says, "But what about...?" or some such thing. We talked of the logistics of combining households and both agreed that that would be the funnest part. We talked of the family members that still live there and whether or not Dane would "run screaming" if we got married. We decided that yes, he may not scream, but he would run. We talked about the differences of Witness and non-Witness people living combined. It would only affect birthdays and Christmas basically. I would just do that portion on my own as I saw fit, and I'm fine with that. The bottom line: Plan on us being together for the rest of our lives because we do.

I had a crock pot fulla pork roast yesterday and came home to the delightful smell of dinner. I rode the Harley to work as I usually do, and I could smell it when I raised the garage door even. I tried out something new this time: Crock pot liners. I hate having to dispose of the "junk" left over inside the crock after the meal is all done, and now I don't have to worry about it. I just gather the sides together and pull the bag out. Pretty slick! Suzie came over looking all summery in a sexy sundress and was lying out in the sun while I was finishing up the dinner preparations. It was very hard to keep my hands to myself. Oh wait... Scratch that--I wasn't able to quite accomplish that now that I think about it... By the way, the dinner was delicious!

The Harley is up on the jack and its shocks are coming off today. I'm going to put the originals back on and throw these "new"' shocks in the garbage can with flourish. If I had a shotgun I'd probably blast the hell out of them just to make me feel better. The weather for this weekend is iffy for summer so I figured it was the right time to knock that job off the list. I've been meaning to do it for quite a while now.

I guess when I look at it, a lot did happen this week didn't it?

1 comment:

Rhon said...

Ricky D,

Wow! I guess congratulations are in order. I sure hope the lady knows what a terrific man she is getting. I am also sure that she is truly something special to have captured your heart.