Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Suzie Stuns the Crowd


Who would have thunk it? That someone that seemed like such an integral part of the company--Someone that had been there so long--Would quit her job?

Well that's what she did.

Not many people know about it yet, but those that do are probably pretty surprised. People always "talk the talk" but seldom follow through with their "you know what I should do?" remarks. She's very excited about what lies ahead, even if it's relatively unknown. She hasn't got a replacement job line up, but intends to work on some other splinter projects that she has kicking around to see what kind of cash they generate. There are lots of people looking for people that do what she does, so she's not too worried. Good for her! Although I'd like to quit too, I haven't got anywhere near the reasons that she had to justify it. I would much rather find a replacement job first before I make such a move, and I'm going to continue looking for one. It will be very interesting to see what kind of turmoil arises from her departure. Rarely is someone afforded the luxury of being able to monitor such a thing after they quit like I will be able to do for her.

In other news, I saw a dead guy the other day. Okay, I didn't really see him (which is good) but I saw the sheet he was lying under. I was on my way home after doing some grocery shopping on Monday, and I was on a road I usually use that parallels the train tracks. As a matter of fact, it's the same road that we watched fireworks from a few days ago. Anyway, as I neared one intersection a saw an Amtrak train sitting there. I thought that was odd--You never see them standing still. I noted the only reason they would ever be stopped is if they derailed or if they hit something, and it was sitting on the tracks perfectly. As I got a little closer I saw some police activity at the street that crossed the tracks right behind where the train was sitting. By that time I had stopped, about a dozen cars back from the traffic light. As I surveyed the scene, my eyes fell upon the white sheet draped over something--Still on the raised track bed, but off the side of the rails a few feet. It was right even with where I was stopped so I had plenty of time to look it over before the light changed and traffic started moving again. For some reason it didn't quite look human, but was about the right size to be. In retrospect, it was probably because it was "broken" and not lying like a human would lie any more. Eww, that's creepy. Sue came by the house later and said she had taken the same route, only she saw legs and boots under the sheet where I did not. Apparently they had moved some things around.
I searched the news and found it online later, but as it appeared to be a suicide (a motorist witnessed it) no story was ever generated. I guess they have a rule about sensationalizing suicides in the media now. Good for them. I'm glad I wasn't driving the train though--I would totally hate for that to happen to me. That kind of stuff is very disturbing to me.

1 comment:

Sue Z Q said...

Yeah, that'll teach you a thing or 2 about me, huh? You'd better take me seriously because - I mean what I say!!