Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Weekend is Behind Us


Suzie and I spent the whole of Friday evening here relaxing and having fun, feeling good that the work week was behind us. Pizza and jammies equals a good casual Friday evening. Oh, and beer too... Gotta have that.

Saturday sent us out shopping. We each took our cameras with us--Hoping for a good spot to stop and wander around for some picture taking. We decided to head toward Lakewood in Tacoma to start with because I wanted to see what they had at Eagle Leather that Suz would look good in. She bought a little wrap thing that goes around a ponytail to keep it in check called a "hair glove" but that's all we bought. They have a serious problem with too much salesperson pestering there. We got asked if they "could help us" what seems like countless times. They have a big store with lots of good stuff in it, but I didn't really feel all that keen on buying there. Maybe another time.

While we were leaving Eagle Leather Suzie's phone rang. It was the folks at the Tacoma Mall JC Penney calling to tell her that her new glasses were in. Yippie! It was good timing because we were only about 3 exits away at the time, and also because Suz was getting anxious to have them. After all, her Hawaii trip is next weekend and she wanted them before that.

On the way back we detoured by Steve's house to see how he was doing and to introduce Sue to Steve and Maria. We had a good visit. Poor Steve, his knee had way more stitches--No wait--Staples in it than I would have thought. I guess I really didn't expect to see a big incision almost a foot long right across his knee. In retrospect, there wasn't any other way it could have been... A knee replacement is serious business. Overall it didn't look too bad though. Not much swelling so that was good.

On the way home from Steve's we went up on the hill above Auburn to Mountain View Cemetery to take some pictures. For some reason, gravestones make pretty good subjects in certain lighting. We each took a bunch of shots and had a pretty good time. After a quick stop at my house to check out the pictures we took and have a beer or two, we continued Northward to Southcenter Mall. We wanted to check out a couple of camera stores to see what they had for filters. Both of the stores we stopped at were overpriced so we didn't buy.

This morning I spent some time on the Blogger.com. Not working on this blog, but rather making a new blog! I decided that I would start a blog just for the pictures I take, intending to post a "Picture of the Week" every week (duh). If I find that I have tons of pictures to chose from I can increase it if I want. The beauty is that Blogger lists the posts along the side so it will be easy to browse through all the Pictures of the Week at any time. Like all pictures in Blogger, you can click them to see them full size if you want. I called it Rix Pix and the link is over there on the right --->.

I spent the afternoon cleaning my garage and putting stuff away out there. I also cut up some firewood that I had brought home several weeks ago but never got around to cutting it. The day was nice enough that I set a few things up in the driveway so that I could take pictures for Craigslist. There is no substitute for natural light when it comes to picture clarity. Now I guess I need to get busy with the ads and get em posted.

Teresa was going to come by this weekend some time and have me help her change her oil but that never materialized. I noticed today that mine is due as well. Figures.

No comments: