Friday, September 08, 2006

Again--Easy Come, Easy Go...



Boy, times sure change... Technology has changed even the way people buy and sell used cars.

This morning, right after I made my regular blog post, I got an email from the guy selling the Nissan Sentra I was looking at. It turns out that some lady was there waiting at his car for him when he got home from work at (get this) 4:30am! Wow... Had it occurred to me that it was even a possibility, I would've met the guy at midnight the other night and scoped it out. Damn. Turns out he is an exchange student, and he probably didn't know what he was selling. I'd be willing to bet that he got a tuneup and the mechanic said, "You know, with over 140 thousand miles you need a new timing belt." I doubt if there was a single thing wrong with that car. Damn again. Chalk it up as a learning experience.

I was thinking off and on today at work... What would be a good picture to put on my blog? A picture that shows the real me. At first I thought maybe a nude picture would be the "real me", but I didn't feel like I wanted to set up a special pic with something strategically placed to block my goodies. Then I thought about something that shows the plain ol' oddball me, and I decided on this pic of me trying on my new goggles. Sure it's a webcam grab, but still... It's "me" for sure.

No comments: