Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Saturday Morning Report


I have to work today, so it's definitely not off to a good start.

It was a frustrating day at work yesterday, and I'm not looking forward to today. I changed the product over, putting the other part die into the press and getting those parts all set up to run. After fighting the settings for about an hour, I only got about half the usual amount of parts because of all the stopping and starting. At that point it got an internal problem and we had to take the die back out (no small undertaking) and dissect it. I barely got it back in and fired it up to make sure it would run before quitting time. Now I've got to face the whole thing all over again on a day I don't even want to be there. At times like this I wish I was just sitting on a blanket on the nude beach in Maui. Oh hell, who am I kidding... I'd opt for that any day.

I took Sarah out for dinner last night and we had a good time. We went to a local small restaurant in town that is relatively undiscovered (for whatever reason). It's a nice little place with your average "American" menu. I had an avocado cheeseburger and had the salmon chowder with it, and Sarah had a standard cheeseburger with a Caesar salad with hers. We split a platter of fries between us too. Add to that the couple beers I had and the giant strawberry lemonade she had and we were both stuffed. I delivered her up to a friend of hers' house for a prearranged "study" visit afterwards.

I'm going to go ahead and take my truck to work and get the pallets I've been saving and get those home and cut up. It looks like a dry day ahead, and around here you shouldn't waste those when you have something you need to do.

Yesterday I converted my blog to the Blogger "Beta" setup they just came out with. To the casual observer nothing is any different, but now we blog posters have just a little more creative control over layouts and things. One of the things they did was improved the way spellchecker works. The conversion also made the template that I already use come out slightly different, which I like. If you look to the top, the paragraph overview that's below the title used to be over on the right and above my picture. I like it better this way. I also played with margins a bit and got a little more visual appeal on the header layout. Once a geek, always a geek...

No comments: