Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Saturday Morning Report


I'm drinking my coffee black this morning. I poured my milk into my cup, then poured the coffee into it as I always do, but was greeted by the strange sight of the milk curdling wildly. It was strange. I smelled the milk and it had no smell and seemed fine. It was only a week and a half old too. Oh well, it was near the end of it anyway. Good thing I wasn't planning on having cold cereal this morning.

It's been a long week, and it felt even longer with my having to work last Saturday. The week at work has been one frustration after another, coupled with days when I didn't really feel 100% physically. That makes a pretty tough time of it. The blues were just about totally erased yesterday at quitting time though, because the 6.5 hours of overtime in conjunction with my recent raise made for a nice little paycheck!

I went home for a little bit and then decided I'd go to the library to return the movies I had checked out, and pick up a pizza on the way home. On the way over I stopped and visited at Sarah and Teresa's house. (You like how easy I say that? I could say "my old house" but in my mind I'm completely out of it, so this is the only way it sounds right to me.)

Sarah and I visited a bit and talked about school stuff. She had brought her new school pictures home yesterday and she handed the packet to me.
"I'm going to get retakes" she said, "I'm smiling too big."
"No you're not," I countered, "These are perfect. Wow, look at that hair!"
"I spent a long time on that." she said, obviously pleased with my comment.
Not another mention of retakes after that. I think she felt happy about it at that point. And rightly so don't you think?

At one point I asked Teresa, "So when are you going to pay me my half of the income tax refund anyway?"
"Oh... Yeah..."
She went and got a calculator and figured it out and handed me a check for it. She also handed me a list of costs that I owed her for my half of Sarah's "extra" school stuff that we agreed to share. Things like pictures, ASB card, etc. She asked me if instead she wanted her to just deduct it from the tax refund or the "big" payment (the house settlement) next month. I told her no, that I want all payments both in and out to be their "full" amounts so that I can trace or find them within my record keeping when or if I need to.

As I was leaving I told her I'd like to come by today and wash at least the Harley if not the Neon too. They are both so dirty. I will wash her car of course too... That's part of our deal. Isn't it good when ex's can make deals? I think so.

After I dropped my movies off at the library drop chute, I continued on to Round Table Pizza for my dinner. After ordering my pizza and handing the gal my $2 off coupon, she hit me with the total of around $18, which floored me.
"Eighteen? Is that right? Did they go up or what?" I asked.
"Yes, the "specialty" pizzas all went up." she said apologetically.
"Fuuu...." I said, not quite finishing the word I really wanted to blurt out.
"I know," she said, "It just going to send more people to places like Dominos..."
Well by that time I had already had that particular pizza in my mind so I paid. While I was waiting I went across the parking lot and bought half gallon of vodka. You know what? There are way too many brands of vodka to choose from.

Anyway, I watched part of Animal House while I ate my pizza. Yeah, it was good pizza... It's a good thing too, because it will probably be the last one I get from them. Too bad too, because they were my favorite. Oh well, like that old song The Wildwood Weed said, "All good things got to come to an end..."

2 comments:

Rhon said...

She is blessed to have you for a dad, and you are blessed to have her as your child. Funny how that all works out isn't it?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.