Monday, September 04, 2006

Good People and Good Times


Boy, you sure can't complain about a summer that had record high temperatures and a record-setting lack of rain, and this Labor Day weekend was no exception to the trend.

I ended up spending most of this weekend in Aberdeen at Rhon's house. I drove down late Saturday morning, getting there just after lunch time. We spent a couple hours catching up on things, and went downtown and did a little shopping. When I showed up, I surprised her with a new handheld shower for her bathroom. I so painfully remember the previous time I stayed at her house and wished so desperately for more than the little wimpy trickle that came out of the pathetic shower head, so I felt a new one was in order. I also received a gift: Rhon bought be a very cool talking bottle opener to go with the ones I already have and love. This one is a Tabasco one, and if you have shockwave installed on your computer, you can click here to hear what it says.

Rhon knows how to spoil me when it's time to eat, that's for sure! Chinese bbq pork, eggrolls, and fried rice--All homemade, and all excellent. I always get stuffed when I visit her, and breakfasts are no exception.

The main reason for my visit down there on this particular weekend is because her brother and his wife were hosting their annual "soup feed" at their place near Hoquiam. The star attraction is basically a huge cast iron soup kettle with homemade soup in it that sits outdoors cooking for hours and hours. All the family and friends show up with more food, and it ends up being quite the festive occasion. I ate a lot, drank a lot, and ended up having a very good time there. All the people I met were super folks. I ended up being on trial in the living room at one point, when everyone started "grilling" me about my experience at the nude park the previous weekend. I guess there's nothing like wearing a Nudestock t-shirt to a party when you're looking for a way into people's conversations! Looks like there could even be the possibility of one of them going next year... Who knows. There's always someone that's intrigued by it like I was.

When I left this morning to head back, Rhon gave me quite the nice pile of leftovers to take home. I ended up having eggrolls and stuff for dinner tonight. Thanks Rhon! I actually left there as early as I did so I could have the option of going to the nudie park again after I got home if I wanted to. After making good time and having traffic relatively trouble-free all the way, I decided that once I got off the freeway I wanted to stay off, so I didn't go. Instead I went to Big 5 Sports and bought a piece of exercise equipment that Rhon and I explored in Aberdeen on Saturday. It's a vertical knee raise/dip machine, and it's identical to the one shown here. I ended up getting it a lot cheaper than this one though. So now it sits in my living room next to the TV.

Does that mean it's a true bachelor pad now that I have the obligatory item of exercise equipment?

1 comment:

Rhon said...

Rick,
You are such terrific company that its always a pleasure to have you around. You brighten my world when we get together. Rhon