Sunday, September 10, 2006

Another Great Sunny Day...


...In the nude.

Yep, I went once again to Issaquah to the Fraternity Snoqualmie Nudist Park. This is only the second time I've ever been there, the Nudestock event from a couple weeks ago being the first. The first visit was free, but this one cost me $17, and I'll tell you, it was certainly money better spent than yesterday at the Puyallup Fair!

The weather was gorgeous... About 75 or slightly warmer all day. I felt like it was very possible that this could've been the "last gasp" of summer weather and that I would kick myself all winter if I missed it. If I'm pleasantly surprised by another nice weekend day in the upcoming weeks, you can bet I'll take advantage of it.

Lying there in the sun... A little beer in the belly... I was so relaxed that I wouldn't have cared what happened anywhere else in the world. To lie there on your blanket with your eyes closed, feeling the warmth of the sun caressing your body, hearing the chitchat of people nearby, the laughter of naked people playing in the pool, a person nearby playing softly on an acoustic guitar, the drone of an airplane lazily flying by--I was an idyllic setting for sure. To sit up on the blanket and watch people playing Frisbee one direction, see the pools filled with happy nudists the other direction... And you look up into the blue sky and see occasional hang gliders lazily swirling downward from their launching point nearby...

At one point a butterfly landed on my blanket, and when I put my finger down to it, it walked right onto the end of it. He was sitting on there for at least 5 minutes while I inspected him eyeball to eyeball. It was cool.

When it came time to put clothes back on and get in the car to drive home, I turned the radio on and was greeting with some good reggae music.

I'm telling you, it doesn't get much better.

1 comment:

Rhon said...

I am green with envy..so glad you had a great day.