Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Delightfully Rainy Weekend


Why? Because I had so much work to do and it felt good to be indoors doing it!

I spent all day out in the garage working on the Harley yesterday. Well, I shouldn't say all day, because it was close to noon before I got out there to begin with. The bottom line: I got a lot done. When I got up this morning I was tired and sore from it.

I started the day by going to my favorite mom & pop Harley store and plunking down $90 for a fuel petcock. Yeah, I should have bought this one to begin with. Don't you hate it when you gamble on something unknown and it ends up being a total loss? That's what happened to me. I gave up on the old one after trying to install it in my freshly painted gas tanks. It physically would not fit through the hole. WTF? The filter screen on it was actually too big to go into the hole, and if I ever did get it in, I probably would never see it again. No, take that $40 and toss it into the toilet. When I got the new one home and opened it up, it was pure quality all the way--Smooth and precise, and a perfect fit. There's something to be said for made in USA.

I did a lot on the hawg. As a matter-of-fact, it's almost finished! I have to put the rear wheel back on, but I'm thinking I might hold out and put some new brake pads in the rear while it's apart. As much of a hassle as it was to take off, I don't want to do it again for a while. The reason I took the rear wheel off to begin with was to afford me lots of room to deal with the new wiring I had to run under the rear fender for it's new turn signals.

I finally came into the house at about 7pm last night, and I was dog-tired. The best thing in the world to me at that point was to strip, shower, and eat a Papa Murphy's Cowboy pizza. That's exactly what I did. I called it in and went down to pick it up (it's only about 10 blocks away). For those of my readers that don't know, Papa Murphy's is a take and bake pizza chain, and their Cowboy is my favorite one. You can get an idea what's in it by going here. When I got home, I preheated the oven, took a shower, and sat naked wolfing pizza and watching Being John Malkovich. That was quite the movie... Very entertaining.

After doing some laundry and stuff this morning, I went over to Teresa and Sarah's house to install some curtain rods in Sarah's bedroom. She already had Levelor blinds in there, but never had anything to break up the "blank" look of them. I took a little cooler along with my tool bag, so in addition to being fairly easy, it was also a fairly pleasurable job.

My mom called the other night... Wondering where I bought the bottle of wine I gave her for Mother's Day. It wasn't wine, it was vinegar. Sigh. After I left Sarah's house I swung by their house and picked it up. Unfortunately only my dad was home, so I told him I had to get home and finish my laundry. I swung by the store and exchanged it. That's a helluva Mother's Day gift, isn't it? Anyway, I'll chill it and take it over tomorrow. Tomorrow is her birthday, and just like Mother's Day, I have no idea what to get her.

Sometimes I envy the Jehovah's Witnesses... They don't celebrate birthdays or any other holidays...

But then... I look out the window like I am now... And I see rain... And I remember that those poor Jehovah's Witnesses have to go "door knocking" all the time... Nope, I'll stay naked and warm thankyouverymuch.

No comments: