Thursday, May 17, 2007

I've Said it Over and Over...


... And I'll say it again: Sometimes it's the little things. In this case, it's all about the little expense I shelled out to buy the little mesh to keep out the little pests.

Yes, I picked up my new window screen and brought it home yesterday afternoon, and it was a perfect fit!

I doubt if anyone reading this places this much importance on such a little victory, but there are several factors here:

  1. I spent all last summer with NO screens (I still can't believe I did that) and placed keeping my home bug-free as a higher priority than keeping the upstairs cool and comfortable. After all, I am nude here all the time, so I was reasonably comfortable (so I thought) most of the time anyway.

  2. My aluminum windows have more than one "track" in them on the outside. I really had no idea where or how the screen was supposed to fit. Screens have springs on one side to hold them into the tracks, and every time I would try to measure the openings I would get puzzled and give up.

  3. I don't think I actually got to the point of finding out how much (or little as proved to be the case) a screen would cost. I think I may have went to Lowe's once and asked about screens and was told they didn't do them.

Yes, I looked at them several times while I've lived here--Each time with new resolve and determination. And each time I gave up or forgot about it.

I know for a fact that there were times I was chatting online with a group of people and the subject of temperature would come up. I know it was in the low 90's in here on more than one occasion, but I didn't care all that much. I had a killer fan, I was naked, and my home was bug free. On one or two occasions I did give up and open my window for a half hour or so before bedtime and was rewarded with bug bites all over me while I slept. I'm pretty sure that little tidbit is in my blog archives somewhere.

Anyway, that's all history. Now I can be comfortable in the upstairs here at my humble abode, all the time thumbing my nose at the bugs that bounce off the outside of my new force field. I can hear them now, "Let me in... I smell a naked human inside and I want a bite!"

No comments: