Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day


Every year I go through the same thing: What do I get my mom for Mother's Day? I never know what to get. I would hate to blow my streak, so yes--Again I have no idea what to get her.

I think this year is worse because I've found myself drifting farther apart from her. It has nothing to do with her... It's my dad. I can't stand to visit over there because of him. I used to think that he was ruining her life, but I'm not so sure any more. She seems to have adopted some sort of caregiver role towards him. She has always catered to his whims... Pouring him a glass of Pepsi or making him a sandwich or whatever so he doesn't have to get his lazy ass out of his Nascar-watching chair, but I notice nowadays she seems to defend him on occasion. I don't know... I guess after a certain amount of years together a certain symbiosis forms.

I would not be a bit surprised if Sarah didn't get her mom anything. She doesn't think at all about things like that. Back in March when it was Teresa's birthday, Sarah didn't even give her a card. I'm not going to hold her up any longer--She's 16 years old and it's time she starts feeling repercussions from her actions. Don't even get me started on the car I bought her that's still parked...

On a good note, my Harley is completely painted! I just finished putting the finishing touches on another chapter in the saga on my website. You can click here to zip to it. If you want to read the whole thing, it starts here. Because the parts need to sit and cure for a couple days, I don't want to start putting anything on just yet and risk damaging the paint. I have a few other things I can do in the meantime. I'm just glad that the paint is done... Now it's totally an "inside" job. Now it's totally up to me.

I had such a good surprise when my dear friend Mary popped online this morning! She is so busy these days that I seldom hear from her, so when I do it's special. I could blame the fact that she's in South Carolina and I'm in Washington, but I don't think that part of it matters much. I guess because it's so seldom that we chat it makes it all the more special when it does happen. It was great!

Well, I guess I should put some clothes on and go out and find my momma something nice. Sigh.

No comments: