Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sometimes Nothing Happens...


...And yesterday was a good example.

I picked Sarah up from school and she was not looking good. She's been sick for a few days now, so Teresa had her scheduled to go to the doc yesterday. After I dropped her off, I ran a few errands. I stopped at the glass store and ordered another bedroom window screen, stopped at R and R Cycle and bought some new brake pads and a new fuel hose for the Harley, then stopped at Lowe's and returned an item I didn't need.

I had every intention of going out to the garage and getting some stuff done.

I grabbed a beer and opened the garage door, and managed to get 6 nylon zip ties put on the Harley when the phone rang. It was Greg, asking questions about his laptop, wireless connections, and griping about Windows Vista.

While I'm still talking to Greg, Chris, my next door neighbor (a motorcycle rider) came over with his dad that had stopped in to visit him (also a motorcycle rider) to check out my project. All the while I'm drinking beer. We ended up swapping a lot of stories and having a good gab fest. After a while they both hopped on their bikes and took off for a ride.

About that time, Gina, a friend of mine stopped by to show off her new PT Cruiser convertible. We ended up yakking and yakking, and by the time she left it was almost 7pm.

Teresa called and said that Sarah has strep throat, so no school today. At least now we know what was wrong with her, but you have to wonder how many of her classmates also have it now.

I whipped up some spaghetti for dinner and watched most of a movie. I started falling asleep at that point... A victim of alcohol and a full tummy. Bed time.

Oh well... At least I got those 6 zip ties put on...

No comments: