Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It's Turbulent Tuesday


That's what I call it at work. For some reason, Tuesdays are always very busy and fast-paced--Much like Fridays--So I came up with the name Turbulent Tuesday.

Denis came by last night... "Okay, let's see the damage" he asked, obviously hearing about the fender paint from my parents as I knew he would. When we went out to the garage he said, "Ah, that's nothing... Easy fix. I've still got the same paint in the pot and ready to go." (For the uninformed, the "pot" is the little plastic hopper that you put your paint in and attach it to the top of the paint gun.) He said he would give them a quick smooth and shoot them this morning, and because it's supposed to be warm/hot today, he would leave them outside to cure all day, so he took them with him when he left. Whew. Things don't look as bad as they did at first. Still though, it was heartbreaking to see that on those fenders the other day...

After I got home from work yesterday, I made a couple trips back and forth between home and a local window/glass store, measuring for bedroom window screens. I ordered one screen, and if I got my measurements right, I'll order the other one too. If not, I'll adjust and reorder. I figure if I screw up one screen at $20, it's still cheaper than paying them a $40 measuring fee in addition to the cost of the screen. I just know I will not put up with having no screens up here again as I did last summer. You either roast or let bugs in, and that's not much of a choice. I really like breezes, and I'm looking forward to it! Funny I never did it last year when I think about it... What a putz...

My crappy Sunday pretty much stayed on track--It was crappy all day. I ended up going out with a major chip on my shoulder (even though I tried hard not to) about the paint snafu, and my dad didn't help matters any. He was in his usual antagonistic/argumentative mood. It's really unfortunate too because it was my mom's day and she got the short end of the stick during that visit. I ended up taking her a nice bottle of wine, but I couldn't bring myself to put up with my dad for more than a half hour before I left. He just kept ranting on and on about how filthy Mexicans are, and I don't like that bigoted crap he dishes out. He lives right next to one of Auburn's biggest parks, and he only notices when a park user does something wrong (litter, etc). If he sees something like that, he accuses everyone remotely similar to them for the rest of his pathetic life. I like everyone unless they give me a reason not to, and he just pissed me off more than I already was. Amongst my siblings I refer to him as the neighborhood Gestapo, as all he does is walk around looking for anyone that does something to piss him off.

After I got home from their house I decided to address my truck's "random start" issue. I never know when it's going to start or not, and it's very frustrating. I ended up replacing almost everything else in the engine electrical area that provides spark to it, and still the same--It starts right up and 5 minutes later... Nothing. Not much sense in having a vehicle you can't depend on. It still costs money to insure... Driven or not. I guess I'll bend my friend Greg's ear on this one and see if we can solve it.

Well, time for work...

No comments: