Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me


And my present to myself? Riding my Harley to work today!

Yes, after what seems like forever, my Harley is finally back on the road. The final thing I did on it that was part of the facelift project was attaching my new gas tank logos. I had to take my time and do some careful measuring and contour bending to get them to fit correctly. In the end, they came out just fine. It was basically done on Sunday, but I needed to tweak a few adjustments before I was ready to ride it (such as charging the dying battery). Here's a quick shot of what it looks like now:


I took it out on the road for about an hour yesterday, stopping once at Greg's house to check out a couple of light bulbs he was going to give me. After getting home, I checked the bike out completely, finding nothing missing, nothing loose, and nothing wrong. To celebrate, I grilled myself a nice, juicy steak for dinner last night.

I had another great grilled meal the night before. I found a great recipe for a shrimp marinade, and made up a bunch of shrimp skewers. They marinaded for 3 or 4 hours and I invited Sarah and Teresa over to help me eat em. Big thumbs up from everyone on that recipe. Pretty labor-intensive though... What with the making of the marinade and the cleaning of the shrimp. It was worth it.

Well, it looks like it's going to be a hot one around here today... Mid to upper 80's. Good day for bike riding to work. Too bad I'm expecting to have to work mandatory overtime... Oh well.

No comments: