Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween


Okay, it's only Halloween morning. The real Halloween will start in about 12 hours.

Sarah and I walked over to the place across the street that's all Halloween yesterday. I think it's part of Party City because they were the previous tenant. At any rate, it was pretty crappy. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the fact that it was the day before Halloween and everything that was any good is already gone. We also walked over to Fred Meyer to look at what Halloween stuff they had left, but it was pretty stripped too. We didn't need anything--We were just looking.

The family event on Sunday went pretty well. It was just a small function though, so there wasn't much to go wrong anyway. We all just hung around and roasted hot dogs, and ate potato salad, baked beans, and s'mores. Al seemed to have a pretty good time, and everybody got some pictures. Sarah didn't get to go though... When I went to pick her up she was knee-deep in a homework project for her marine biology class. If there's one thing she really gets into, it's putting presentations together. It's kind of a scrap booking thing. Anyway, about the time everyone started leaving she checked in to see how much longer I was going to be there. I told her it was pretty much over at that time. Yesterday she told me that she ended up working on it until 2am. I hope Al had a good visit to our area here. I think he's leaving to go back to Florida today.

This is the time of year that I dread at work. Every Monday morning when we go in, the plant feels like it's about 35 degrees inside. By midweek it's okay, but then it repeats itself again after the next weekend shutdown. It was definitely cold yesterday morning. My car is letting me know that it doesn't like it one bit. This is the time of year when you find out just how good your battery really is. It turned a bit slow yesterday. Luckily it's a fast-starting car. We'll see how today goes. Yesterday was the first day of the year for window scraping, and it was thick. Even leaving the house 5 minutes early put me slightly late.

Well, back to work I go... To the cold, cold shop. It makes me appreciate the wood stove when I get home from work.

No comments: