Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Lightbulb Moment?


I had an idea today.

Many, many years ago, I had an idea to put water in cans in pop machines. There were many times that a nice, cold container of water that I could take with me sounded good instead of soda. Plus, it would be easier than going to the water fountain all the time. Everyone laughed at me. "Who the hell is going to pay money for water?" Well, it was true--Back then water was free everywhere. So was air for your car tires. Remember those days? Well, I had it right... I only missed on the container type, but that's only because they never had machines that would dispense plastic bottles back then. (Sigh) My brush with greatness.

So what about today's idea? Okay, I know you're all going to laugh, but here it is: A nose tampon. Say what?! Yep... Imagine you have a cold and your nose just won't stop running. You practically wear the poor thing out wiping it all day. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to put something in there that would absorb everything?

Naturally it would have to have some sort of a plastic tubular opening in the middle so you could still breathe or swallow without creating a vacuum.
Also, it would have to have an age minimum to use it. You can't trust kids to do the right thing when it comes to orifices you know. Come to think of it, you can't really trust adults either. But that's another story.
Of course it would have to have The String. It wouldn't be right without it. You wouldn't want to dig around in there when it was time to change it any more than... Well, you know.

Who knows? It could be my brush with greatness. Just remember: If Johnson & Johnson ever comes out with one, you heard it here first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Rick for the morning laugh, on a day I needed it the most.


MB