Friday, October 13, 2006

Happy Friday the 13th!


I've been gearing up for what will be quite the eventful weekend in Aberdeen. Rhon's move from the attic apartment of Munster's Mansion to a normal floor-level 2 bedroom duplex with a garage (and an opener!) is underway as we speak.

I've had her "new" 36-inch television in my garage for some time now, and I've had her "new" washer and dryer set in the back of my truck under a tarp since last weekend. She will be as glad to have them as I will be to get rid of them. It's not that they're in my way (they are, but only a little), it's just the responsibility of having them. I just don't want anything to happen to them.

From what I've gathered being at this end, she is a mover's dream. She has everything already packed in boxes, labeled with contents and destination, and they are all stacked at the bottom of her stairs. I have helped a lot of people move in my day, and I can't count the number of times I've showed up and watched as people just started packing right before my eyes. Way to go, Rhon.

I spent some time last night trying to get all my stuff ready to go so all I have to do is change clothes, load the TV into the truck, hit the gas station and be gone. I'm sure I'll hit some heavy, heavy traffic though, and I'm not looking forward to that. I have made up a tool bag to take along too, for removing and installing things that need doing between the two places. If nothing else, I need to switch the shower heads from place to place, and install her washer and dryer. I'm also prepared in case we need to drill any holes for whatever reason.

Yesterday at work was tool changeover time. That means that the smooth week of trouble free operation of the press will likely come to a screeching halt. I'm not being pessimistic here--Just realistic. The tool that makes the other product is just a problematic 100% "hands-on" kind of thing. It requires constant monitoring and tweaking to keep it going within specifications.

It has been such a beautiful week here lately! October has been like our usual September: Cool nights and warm to hot days. I can't usually ride the Harley to work either, because I pick Sarah up from school on the way home. Yesterday I just got to work and parked next to a beautiful Harley that a new guy owns when it occurred to me that I could have rode mine to work because Sarah had an after school event for an hour. Damn. Actually, I could ride it today too because she has no school, but because of all the stuff I've got going with my weekend preparation, I'd rather not in case I need to stop off for something on the way home. I haven't ridden it at all since the Anacortes run a few weeks ago, and I'm getting kind of antsy for a ride.

You know, in the past I've had some good Friday the 13th's, and I hope this is one of them. I've actually had some where I found money on the ground and stuff like that. Isn't that weird? It's like I'm on the "wrong side" of things. I wonder if it has anything to do with my lack of feeling for religion? Nah. I'm totally not superstitious at all... It's just fun to speculate.

Well, off to work I go.

No comments: