Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Switching Seasons


It's getting cold out... No doubt about it. Here are a few signs I've noticed recently:

  • This morning I went to the closet and traded my sexy lightweight flannel summer robe for my sexy heavyweight terry robe. Ahhh.
  • A few mornings ago I started wearing my slippers to keep my toes from freezing.
  • Now as soon as I get home from work, the first thing I do is build a fire in the wood stove. The first thing I used to do was go to the fridge for a beer. Kind of a "skewing" of priorities.
  • I put ice scrapers in both of my vehicles. You just never know.
  • I'm seldom nude around the house any more. (Crowd gasps in amazement)
  • It's getting dark so much earlier. I have trouble knowing when it's bedtime any more. Oh yeah, I could use the clocks, but I prefer to just crash when I tired, and that's not always a good idea.
  • Women seldom catch my eye when they walk by now because of the absence of bare skin.
  • I long for full service so I wouldn't have to get out and pump my own gas.
  • The air smells a lot different outside. Lots of the smells of musty decaying leaves. I like it.
  • I find myself getting very defensive if someone eyes my special stack of pallet boards at work. Those are my heat source buddy...
  • I had to add a blanket to my bed a few days ago. The comforter alone wasn't cutting it any more.
  • Casseroles and soups interest me much more than sandwiches and salads did a couple months ago.
  • The stores are full of Christmas displays already, and have been for a month!
  • My hands are cold while I'm typing this.

2 comments:

Rhon said...

I can relate, I had to put my hood up last night at the college. Partly due to the rain, but also the definate chill in the air. Its cuddle time for sure. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wearing my heavy, heavy robe now...it's from Victoria's Secret..ex paid a LOT for this thing and it's going to last till I'm dead, this quality is so good.

Socks, slippers, coat buttoned, and about to put on gloves as I drive in to work at 6:30 a.m.