Monday, October 02, 2006

Monday Morning


It was a good weekend. I was prepared to just fart around and do nothing in particular, but instead had the pleasure of Rhon's company both days.

I popped onto my Yahoo chat on Friday night at about 8pm and she was there. It seems that she was having a personal crisis and was having very tough time holding her sanity together. After all, getting cancer news concerning two relatives in one day can be a recipe for a total mental overload. She made a comment that it's too bad we lived so far apart and that she could really use a hug. To make a long story short, she was badly enough in need of solace that she hopped in her truck and drove up right then. That drive is nothing to sneeze about either, and she didn't get here until 10:30 that night. We had a great weekend of hanging out and watching movies, shopping, eating, and just being close. She bought us brunch on Saturday morning, and we ended up eating at a new place in Kent called The Ram Restaurant and Brewery. The food, the beer (we each had a different one of their own brands), and the restaurant itself was totally excellent. I will definitely go there again. She also got to finally experience IKEA that day as well. Even if you don't like anything they sell, you have to admit that it is quite the store. I don't think there is anything quite like it anywhere else in the retail world.

Rhon, had you not come over then, I probably would've been at your house the next day... You just are more impulsive than I am. Good for you--I need that on occasion to stir me out of my "nah, it's too late" or "I don't know, it's a lot of trouble..." mentality. We were good for each other this weekend.

I guess Teresa and all the other helpers got some major work done at the neighbor's house. I rode the Harley to work on Friday (there was no school that day so I didn't have to pick Sarah up) and stopped by there right after work. The whole house was basically empty and they were about to start cleanup mode. I guess Sarah and Teresa were there until 1:30 in the morning after I left the previous night. All I have to say is that those people were damn lucky to have so many friends.

I finally got my cell phone all programmed and set up with all my numbers yesterday. I also ordered a data cable off Ebay that will enable me (hopefully anyway...) to be able to transfer my own pictures to mine and Sarah's phones whenever we want. I could care less about ring tones, and she doesn't care that much about them either, but background pictures would be cool to be able to swap out any time you like. If nothing else, just to have a color background with something like Happy Halloween or something would be cool. Even if it doesn't work out, it only cost me $7.50 so what the hell.

Time to get the garbage can out to the curb and go to work.

1 comment:

Rhon said...

Rick,
I spent far too many years in a regimented life. I happen to find great comfort in driving, and what a perfect destination indeed. Thanks so much honey, love ya.

Rhon