Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Back in the Wind


Yep, back on two wheels and back in the wind--The negligent Harley mechanic mends his booboo!

I started working on the Harley again as soon as I got home from work last night and one thing led to another. Before I knew it, it was dinnertime. At that point I had it almost finished so I figured it would be foolish not to go ahead and do so.

My parents drove up right when I was finishing it. They had wanted to come over and meet my mannequin. It's actually about the best time for them to visit--When I'm in the middle of working on something. For some reason, my dad doesn't feel confrontational then. Of course, I get subjected to one question after another about what I'm doing and why, but that's the lesser of two evils when it comes to dealing with him. Mom wondered when I was going to name her...

I had the manager from the glass company show up at work right before lunch to look over my car. I already had all the interior trim removed, so his job was made a lot easier. He was much more thorough than the last guy was, but could not find a leak. I'm tempted to think that it's not the windshield either, but at least he did offer to remove and reset the windshield glass. "Just say the word... It doesn't matter to me." he said. He would have had to get another windshield to have on hand in case this one broke during the process, so he couldn't have done it yesterday anyway. I thanked him and told him I would do some more digging first. At least he gave me a tube of sealant before he left. A freebie is a freebie.

I'm very tempted to take the bike to work today, possible rain or not. I still haven't test-ridden it yet though, so I dunno...

No comments: