Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I Would Like to Hope...


...That this may be a turning point. I spent about 3 hours outside after work troubleshooting the water leak in my car. How could I not? The weather today was phenomenal! At any rate, I have finally found the source of the water leak and spent plenty of time digging all the old crap out of the area before resealing it. I then used some different stuff than I did before--Stuff that was given to me by the windshield guy that came out to look at my car a couple weeks ago at work.

Did I fix it? I should know tomorrow, because when I finally narrowed it down I was able to see where it was coming in by pouring water in a certain spot. I'll do the same tomorrow while I'm holding my breath...

It was so nice today I couldn't believe it. Obviously I rode the Harley to work, knowing it was supposed to be nice today, but I wasn't prepared for how nice it actually was when I walked out to my bike after work ended!

I had spent all day yesterday and today at the back of the shop sitting in a chair doing silver solder work. Essentially, it's a form of brazing (which is like welding but not quite) but uses a specialty brazing wire that's very expensive, called silver solder (pronounced sodder). The reason we have to use silver solder is that I'm working with stainless steel, and regular brazing rod won't do the trick. These are little things that heart surgeons use in O.R. to restart hearts after they stop them during surgery. We make the rod and the round disk end both at our shop, and I'm one of the few people that knows how to attach them together and do a good job at it apparently. Job security? Nah, but it's at least a change of pace from my normal job.

Well, if it's not raining in the morning I'll ride to work again.

No comments: