Monday, October 01, 2007

Well, Let's See... What Did I Do This Weekend...

Actually, out of the whole weekend Saturday was the only day I did much of anything at all. I thought I was going to have Sarah over for dinner and a sleepover on Friday night, but that got changed to Saturday night, so Friday was an uneventful evening. I nice relaxing one though.

I started of Saturday morning by going shopping. I went up the hill to our local Kohl's department store which I had never been to. According to their online ad they had some sort of 12-hour killer sale going. Since I was in the market for some housewares away I went.

I was in the right mood for shopping. I was relaxed, the store wasn't busy, and I was exploring because I had never been there before. It reminded me a lot of most any big "mostly-clothing" store like JC Penney, but I didn't see much of anything there that made my motor whirl. I spent a lot of time in the bed and bath departments, but all I bought was a cool shower curtain. Check it out:


I also bought a bright orange Halloween t-shirt to give to Sarah. Although it was a very cool Jack o' Lantern design, I bought it because it was bright orange--One of her school's colors. Okay, it was very cheap too...

While I was up there I went next door to WalMart. I bought a bunch of little shit that I needed, and also bought a wig for my mannequin bitch. There are lots of em around for Halloween and they're all cheap. I finally settled on a black "pirate wig" just because it was about the right length. It was a pirate wig because it came with a red bandanna wrapped around it. It had a couple stitches holding it on, but it came off easily. Now I just need to get a little double back tape. Her head is too slippery to keep it on well. When I do that I'll take a picture.

After I got home I spent the next 3 hours making a marinade and prepping my barbecued shrimp skewers. I had a lot of little shrimps to do. With anywhere from 8 to 12 on each skewer, I ended up with 13 skewers of em. Sarah finally showed up at about 4:30. I wish she would have come over earlier--I could have used the help. Besides the shrimp on the BBQ, I also made us oven-roasted veggies. The whole meal was killer. I can always tell when Sarah likes something a lot by how much she eats. She almost matched me!

She didn't stay long though. She had a function to attend up at a friend's house up on the hill at about 7 or so. Such is the live of a teen. Busy, busy, busy. I'm so glad she's a popular girl. Her mom is too, but because she never was--She's living vicariously through Sarah.

The rest of the evening was spent yakking online. It was so great to have Mary, who lives in South Carolina join us in our Paltalk chat room! I can't remember the last time we all had such a consistently fun chat. I never seemed to really die off like it sometimes does. I hope she pops in all the time.

Yesterday? A nice, rainy naked day. I spent the whole day doing domestic chores in the buff. It's such a cozy thing to be indoors on such a nasty, rainy day. I did get disturbed at one point when a neighbor rang the bell to borrow something from my garage. At that point I noticed why I had heard so much water noise outside all night--My downspout was plugged and water was cascading over the side of the gutter that ran along above my entry door and making a waterfall onto the sidewalk. I was instantly wet from all the splashing when I opened the door. I was able to clear it easily with a piece of something I had in the garage bent into a "J" shape and reaching up with it. I didn't even have to use the ladder. When it cleared it was like a dam burst!

In between doing laundry and stuff I spent time tidying up my computer. I'm getting it ready for a complete reload to see if I can speed it up a bit. There are so many things that get buried on a computer over time... I found 8 movie images that I hadn't burned onto DVD yet, and lots of mp3 files as well. The more space a hard drive has, the more shit you end up putting on it. Add to that the fact that I like downloading stuff and it can get out of control.

Considering it rained all day yesterday, I'm scared to find out how much water is going to come out of my car heater when I take off this morning. I'd better take a big towel with me to put under it. I'm going to get some quotes this week on getting the windshield resealed. I'll start with the outfit that replaced it 5 years ago.

No comments: