Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!


It looks clear and frosty white outside right now. Brrr!

I doesn't seem like much of a Halloween, but I guess that's because I live alone and I'm still sorta used to seeing the whole house transformed into orange and black like Teresa does every year. I haven't heard a peep from Sarah about carving a pumpkin this year either. Although it's her style to not communicate well and she waits until the last minute on most everything she does, I think it's more of a boyfriend thing this year. I'll stop by after work and see how it's all going.

I stopped on the way home last night and bought a few things to make up a special Halloween good bag for little Kailey next door. She's my special 3-year old neighbor. I bought her a fancy blinky toothbrush, a set of washable Crayola markers, and a little goodie purse with a candy necklace in it.

I didn't get anywhere near the amount of goodies that I got last year to hand out to trick-or-treaters. Last year was a bust and it was even good weather like they're predicting for tonight. Now watch me get swamped this time...

I bought one of those 5-foot tall glow-in-the-dark hanging skeletons the other day to hang in my little window that faces the driveway, but I still haven't hung it up there yet. I need to carefully put a screw in the top of the window frame to hang it on. Although it's glow in the dark, it's not going to glow unless it's "charged" by a light or has a black light shining on it. I highly doubt that I'll be flipping my light on and off to recharge it all evening, so I'll just hang it and let it be.

I think I'll ride the bike to work this morning. According to the web reports, it's 30 degrees out there. I can see it's plenty frosty, but it looks nice and clear. I wouldn't ride if it was foggy because that means icy roads. It's kinda weird--Although it's much more comfortable to ride in a nice warm car, sometimes I'd rather ride the Harley than scrape the windows.

At least this way I'll get a nice sunny ride home after work!

No comments: