Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Wednesday Roller Coaster



Yep, it was a series of ups and downs... All day long. For example:

I got in a wet car first thing in the morning and as usual, more water came cascading down when I turned onto the street But that was okay because I was going to have the windshield resealed later in the morning.(up)

The guy showed up and was there maybe 15 minutes and didn't do jack shit.(down) He wasn't even one of Cascade Auto Glass' people--He was someone they hired the job out to called The Windshield Guy. After I wondered about that for an hour and a half, I got a call from a lady at the glass company. She said the tech tested and couldn't find a leak. I asked her how the hell he could possibly know that in under 15 minutes and she informed me that he used air to check for leaks. Bullshit. I argued back and forth with her for 5 minutes. She obviously knew nothing about water leaks, but she is going to send her manager out on Monday.(up) Meanwhile, I'll drive my waterlogged car around.(down)

I went home, made myself a drink, and headed right out to the garage. I got the affected (aka screwed up by yours truly) part off the bike, chucked it in the bench vise where I could work on it, and managed to get all the threads that I ruined all straightened out again.(up) Although I could put it back together now, I want to find out if I can buy bolts with a slightly longer thread on them for better contact first. I'm not real thrilled with how few threads the bolts have in contact.(down)

After dinner I decided to go over to Fred Meyer to buy a birthday card for my brother Denis. I called Sarah to see if she wanted to go but she had homework she hadn't finished yet. I decided to take my truck if it would start. Hooray! It started!(up)

I shopped for about 15 minutes and came out to leave and the truck wouldn't start.(down) It turned over like you wouldn't believe, but nary a pop would it make. No way. I walked back home (it's only across the street basically) to put my stuff in the fridge, grabbed an umbrella, and walked over to my brother's house and visited for a while.(up)

I walked back to Fred Meyer and the truck still wouldn't start.(down) Fuck it. If it's still there after work today I'll try it again.

No comments: