Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A Change of Pace


I've decided to stop the beer drinking. Not permanently... But for a while. And not all drinking--Just beer.

Why?

Little by little, two things have happened that made me rethink things:

  1. I've grown accustomed to having good quality beer to drink.
  2. Because it's good beer, I tend to drink more.
It has occurred to me recently that I'm buying beer way too often, and at 10-15 bucks a pop, it's adding up. In all actuality I'm spending as much feeding my beer habit as smokers spend nowadays on their overpriced nicotine sticks. It's not unusual for me to drink at least 3 beers a day on weekdays (many times it's more). On weekends I may go through way more than that. Way more.

So I figured that I'll change my M.O. and go with mixed drinks for a while--Specifically (at least at this point in time) vodka/cranberry. I buy Skyy vodka, and it's very smooth and great stuff. Even at a slightly higher price, a big bottle (I like bulk) of Skyy will go a long ways, so it's way cheaper than all the beer I've been drinking.

There are a couple other advantages too. Mixed drinks don't have near the calorie count as beer does, and they are also way less filling. I predict better eating and sleeping habits as well. For one thing, I probably won't be getting up in the middle of the night to pee as often.

Of course I'll still keep beer in the fridge. I like to cater to friends that drop in, and I will still want beer whenever I might have pizza. It's not like I'm "anti-beer" or anything...

Anyway, just thought I'd share that.

1 comment:

Rhon said...

The antioxidants in the cranberry are great for you too.