Monday, October 15, 2007

The Rest of Sunday


It was a good day yesterday. Even though I awoke with a headache it was a good day.

After I posted in my blog yesterday I felt inspired to write a little poetry once again. Even though it's currently residing on my biker site, I thought I'd go ahead and put it here too:

Full in the Face

Deafened by noise and pasted by bugs
the windshieldless biker rides.
Neck strained from wind, face numbed by cold
is the ride-style that he decides.

Some may opt for their comfort zone
behind their Plexiglas shield,
while others like myself may not...
Preferring scenery unconcealed.

The fall and winter months will show
a rider's grit and spirit.
Many riders, even those with 'shields
Will park and not go near it.

I, too, may opt to not go out
and ride in weather cold,
but I don't "mothball" my bike
when summer's sun grows old.

Sometimes the cold and moist fall air
is exactly what people need,
and having it blast you full in the face
is living life, indeed.

Rick

Debbie came down for a visit on her bike yesterday during the afternoon. That's the first time I had actually seen her bike. It's not a Harley--It's a Yamaha V-twin (I forget the model), but it sure is a nice one! We visited for a few hours and had a good time shooting the breeze. When she left I hopped on my bike and blasted up to my sister's house in Burien. It was her husband's birthday so I had a card for him.

When I left their house I had a testosterone/showoff moment: I did a full throttle burnout when I left--Holding it open through second gear too. Probably not the best thing to do in a residential neighborhood... Besides that, when I grabbed second gear I damn near slid off the seat...

Hopefully I didn't get blacklisted...

No comments: