Friday, October 19, 2007

What's Next to YOUR Toilet?


Those of you that know me, know that I have a little electronic Yahtzee game next to my toilet. In my opinion, it's the perfect thing to have sitting there.

Well, the perfect thing that's not reading material that is...

Obviously if you're female and you're just going to sit for a quick pee you probably are just going to be there for mere seconds. I'm not talking about that though, I'm talking about the classic #2.

When we (both sexes) use the toilet in a sitting mode we like to have something to occupy our time while we're sitting there. Face it, when we sit down there we don't always know how long we're going to be there do we? In a perfect world, our visits to the porcelain throne would be somewhat predictable, but as we all know, that's not the case.

I tend to think that most of us don't have anything near the toilet to occupy our time. For those that have reading material, the perfect things would be People magazine or Reader's Digest. Why? Well, both of those publications have things to read that vary from teeny paragraphs to multi-page articles, and everything in between. So if you sit down and intend to only be there long enough to read a couple of "Humor in Uniform" anecdotes but things don't quite go according to plan, you can always switch to a "Drama in Real Life" story.

Where am I going with this? Well as I was saying, I have my little Milton Bradley Yahtzee game and that's what I use instead of reading. The games are just the right length of time, and if necessary I can play more than one. This morning I beat my all-time record of 606, and it had stood for a few years. Notice the 4 little electronic hash marks below the Yahtzee?


I know what you're thinking: "This guy seriously needs to get a life!" Well, the way I look at it, this was a good way to start my day, and a Friday to boot!

Too bad I have to work tomorrow...

No comments: