Friday, March 21, 2008

Delivery Day


Yesterday was one of those days where goodies showed up. I had only been to work for about 45 minutes when one of the owners came out and gave me a little puffy envelope that had showed up in the mail the previous afternoon. That was a new polarizer filter for my camera. About an hour later he comes walking out and sets a big box down next to me. My new printer had just shown up! I like those kind of days. It's sort of like birthday presents or something. I almost always have anything I order sent to work simply because I don't want any UPS or FedEx person leaving something right in plain view on my doorstep.

Sue came over the night before last for dinner as I mentioned we were going to do in my blog post that morning. I must have gotten pretty lucky weather-wise, because it was only a few minutes after I took the steak off the grill that the sky opened up and it rained. Dinner was perfect by-the-way.

She had been working on her letter to her church elders for several days--Formulating, editing, adjusting, tweaking--And had finally finished that and made it available for my perusal. I thought she did an excellent job on it. As I have mentioned before, it basically told her church elders that she was deviating from their "acceptable practices" for the foreseeable future. It's a necessary thing to take place when entering a relationship with someone other than her husband--Even though they were divorced over 10 years ago. The bottom line: When they say "til death do us part" they mean it. Anything other than that has a certain process that must be followed, and that process involves her being disfellowshipped. It's very complicated. When said relationship either peters out or results in a union, then she can "go before the board" and ask to be reinstated. So the letter writing is behind her. It was a very hard thing for her to do for many reasons, and because of all that she had ridden quite an emotional roller coaster the last few days. She seemed to be much better yesterday.

Sarah had another tennis match out of town, and sure enough, I got a text from Teresa asking me if I was going. Knowing that she just wanted a ride, I texted her back and said yes, I was indeed going, but would be going directly to my girlfriends house from there. Okay... I lied. I took the chickenshit way out instead of telling her I don't want to give her a ride. She texted back with a simple OK. Just as I also thought, she didn't go to the match. Too bad for her, because it was a good match. The rain clouds skirted the whole area pretty much and rained all around us, but never rained on us. Lucky!

I was very surprised when I got home when I came upstairs to check my email after coming home and found a funny card that Suzie had left me on my keyboard. I loved that!

After I got something to eat I set up my new printer. It's a pretty nice printer for $36 bucks! They have sure come a long way. With any inkjet printer you have to do a print head alignment as one of the regular setup processes. This one did the whole thing automatically! It was weird to see it print out the usual colored barcode-looking patterns, but I was pretty surprised to see it suck the paper back in back and forth as it "read" it and made necessary adjustments.

Hey look... It's FRIDAY!

No comments: