Thursday, March 27, 2008

Snow!?


It was certainly an unusual sight to see last night--Snow falling heavily for several hours with a backdrop of newly-blossoming trees! Sue and I were amazed by the fact that it was even snowing at all to begin with, but the longer it snowed the heavier it came down. It was a fair assessment that it was the heaviest snow we had experienced all winter.

Wait a minute... It's spring!

We had finished a great meal of corned beef (courtesy of my crock pot) and were both sitting in the living room with that glazed-over, satiated look on our faces that comes from eating too much when snow started mixing in with the rain. By the time Suzie left at about 9:30, it was solid snow and it was heavy. I would say it was a good thing it didn't stick, but judging by what I see out there this morning, it might have been easier to drive in if it had. It looks like it's going to be a frozen mess out there today. I'd better leave a little earlier than usual.

We did go out in it for a little bit last night, but it wasn't doing much at that time. I drove us to the library to drop off some books and pick up a movie they had on hold for me. We browsed for a few minutes, I ended up with a digital photography book published by National Geographic. Who would know pictures better than they, right? We also got Sue fixed up with a replacement library card while we were there.

It wasn't a great day for tennis for Sarah. They played Enumclaw last night and Sarah and her partner lost their match. The first set was lost easily, but the second was different. It was even all the way up to a tie-breaker they had to play, but they lost it at that point, giving Enumclaw the 2-out-of3 win. The second set was very good.

Although they have a match slated for this afternoon as well, I hope it doesn't happen because I'd like to do some shopping on the way home. I guess I'll know later.

No comments: