Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Just Stuff...


Today's post is filled with little things--Mostly nothings to dominate, with a smattering of somethings throughout.

Sarah and her partner won their doubles match in tennis yesterday in two sets. I hate it when they have to do best 2 out of 3 when the match is close. That adds another half hour at least, and by the time the end of the second set rolls around I'm always ready to get outta there as it is.

For some reason I haven't had the desire to ride the Harley lately. I can't really explain it, but it's happened before. I guess what it boils down to is that it's always there in my garage and therefore not "special" and screaming to be ridden. People that don't own one can't quite get a grasp on that. I just keep hearing, "How come you didn't ride your bike to work today?"

I think I'll probably start riding it to Sarah's "away" tennis matches. That way I don't have to make excuses about why I don't want to car pool with Teresa so she can save gas. Let her spend money on gas. I think I'm paying her enough for her to be able to do that.

Sarah's mom's birthday is in two days (Friday) and I will bet money that she hasn't bought her anything, or even thought about it in the least. I just sent her an email challenging her to get off her ass, and told her that I will not be able to take her shopping this year, and that she better get out there and do something for her mom for a change. She deserves better than she gets from her only daughter. You know what occurred to me though? That song by Harry Chapin, The Cat's in the Cradle. (You can click HERE if you want to read the lyrics. You'll be subjected to some crappy MIDI music while you're there but you can turn it down.) Basically, it's a classic case of "what ye shall sow, so shall ye reap". Teresa doesn't forget birthdays, but she makes it plain that she'd rather not buy anyone anything. She has a million excuses, and the most popular one is, "They didn't even acknowledge your birthday last year did they?" It all boils down to the same thing. Not buying presents is her M.O. and Sarah is going to follow her exactly, like it or not. This year I will not be taking part in her birthday so it's all up to Sarah, Wade (her brother) and her dad (who is in Arizona). Wade will only come down if it's totally convenient for Wade. By convenient I mean he will come down if he's on his way to a Sonics game in Seattle, or wants her to babysit his dog. He only shops online so he don't have to be inconvenienced. They're quite a pair they are...

I hope the weather holds out long enough to fire up the grill tonight. Suzie and I are having a little nicely charred red meat for dinner!

No comments: