Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A Glimpse of Bright...


...From behind the clouds of gloom that is. I'm feeling a little better today. Actually, I was feeling a little better last night. I had a fair amount of hustle/bustle that kept me busy up until bedtime and I ended up chatting online with Suzie for a while before bed. I suppose that also helped.

I'll cover a few more things from yesterday.

I had a good day at work, all things considered. I was busy for the first half of the day building a "charging station" for them to put all their cordless drill chargers on. Basically it was just a board with all of them permanently mounted and wired in. That led to me rewiring an overhead light and wall socket to give them all a way to work together without extension cords snaking around.

On the way home I stopped at a little optical shop and picked up Sarah's new glasses. She has been complaining a lot lately about eye strain from reading. Her eyes are becoming slow to focus back at infinity when she has been reading or doing a lot of close-up work. From what Teresa said, she was pretty anxious to get em. From there I proceeded to Winco and did some grocery shopping.

Speaking of that, there is a whole pile of yummy-looking pork top sirloin waiting in the wings. Winco had giant packs on sale for dirt cheap. The one I selected was one of the smallest ones I could find and it was a full 4 pounds. No bones or fat makes that a whole lot of meat for 5 bucks. I spent some time last night and placed all the pieces lovingly into the crock pot with seasonings in between all the layers. That's one thing good about a crock pot nowadays--You can fill the whole thing up and have it ready to go and waiting in the fridge, then all you have to do is drop it into electric half of the appliance and go on about your day. That also gives it more time to steep in the seasonings I guess. In the old days those crocks were all one piece. Some things in the past are better left there...

Teresa came over after I got home and I changed the oil in her car for her. She didn't pretend to want to do it this time. I told her there was no way she was ever going to be able to do it herself so there isn't much reason to try and she agreed. At one point my neighbor, Chris and his daughter Kailey came by and I made a lighthearted comment like, "I'm not even married to her any more and I'm changing her oil." She countered with, "Well, I've got the surly teenage daughter at my house to deal with." Chris laughed and said he thought I had the better deal. I think I agree.

While she was here I asked her about her Harley jacket and if she would consider selling it. She said sure, and added that she probably would never wear the chaps either so I might as well try those too. One of these days I'll get them from her and have them over here for Suzie to try out. I don't really remember the quality of the chaps, but the jacket is real nice. I hope at least one of them fits her. Although Teresa won't let them go for dirt cheap, it will still be nice to be able to try them on so close to home. It's like really local Craigslist shopping when you think about it.

I'm feeling the urge to go out and take some pictures. My photo blog is getting off to a slow start being only a "Picture of the Week" type of thing. Maybe I should just put them on any time I feel like it and just call them the "Featured Photo" or something.

Well, I hope I have a good day today. I'm expectantly watching the mail at work for a couple of camera remotes I ordered for me and Suz. I would really like her to be able to take hers with her on her trip to Hawaii. Even though they're coming from Hong Kong, there should have been plenty of time for them to show up. We'll see...

No comments: