Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'm Still Not Awake Yet...


...But I figured I'd see what my fingers type for me anyway. I don't feel much like writing today--Much like yesterday--But I'll go ahead regardless.

The Easter event went well over at my parents' house. Everybody seemed to have a good time and Sue got a taste of name confusion (much like I did the first time or two I met her family). My dad didn't have a meltdown or anything, and that's always good. I'm sure everyone liked Suzie (what's not to like?) except my dad. He doesn't like anybody. As a matter of fact, sometimes he's a good barometer of things if you know how to read him. If he doesn't like something or someone, they're probably everyone else's favorite. Sarah showed up just before time to eat like she seems to usually do, so I'm glad she's able to drive herself around now. It was funny--When we got there Emma was sitting out in the little parking lot next to their house in her car. She said she wasn't going to be the first one to go in there...

When Suz and I went back to my house, we both took a nap for a couple hours like old people always do. Kind of a battery recharge if you will. After all, the evening was still ahead of us. We raced up to her house where we spent the rest of the evening.

Yesterday at work was kinda weird because I ended up running a press. I don't usually do that sort of thing, and I can do without it really. I like the variety, but I just don't do well with doing something thousands of times over like we do with so many of our production parts. It can really raise hell with muscles, joints, and state-of-mind. Fortunately, it wasn't such a bad one this time like some things they've had me working in the past. I wish work would speed back up in my own area of expertise. I prefer to be swamped with work.

I got kind of perturbed last night while I was in the garage puttering with my new Harley windshield. I knowingly bought the "wrong" one on Ebay and was studying my possibilities. The reason I say it's the wrong one is that it's for a Harley with passing lights. Those are the little spotlight-looking things that are on either side of the headlight on so many Harleys. Mine has those lights, but I removed them quite a while back. I figured I'd be best to have the windshield that will work with them as it's "primary fit" and adapt it to fit without them. After playing with it for a while, I thought maybe I should have taken the easy way out and bought the right one instead. I went inside and posted an ad on Craigslist, offering to trade straight-across for someone in the same situation, only the the other way around. After spending some time formulating my ad and posting it, it wasn't up more than a half hour before some asshole flagged it and it was deleted. Why? More than likely because it wasn't "for sale". They have a special section for "wanted" items but I don't like to use it. Deep breaths...

Sarah has a tennis match today, and fortunately it's up at her school. Sue may stop by on her way home and see me if I'm there. I may ride the Harley up there, but it will be iffy weather probably. It's kinda funny--Playing tennis and riding the Harley are on the same weather schedules: Sprinkles okay, but no rain.

I just bought myself a new phone from Virgin Mobile. My old phone is "okay" but it's very limited in talking quality. I have to say though--It's practically indestructible. I don't know how many times it's hit concrete when it fell out of my pocket. I hope the new one is as good along those lines.

No comments: