Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Morning Wheelin' & Dealin'


I just made another of those sweet deals online. You know, the kind of shopping deal where you can save an additional amount of cash by being instantly approved for a credit card? These are the kind of deals that not everyone is comfortable making, but I don't have a problem with them. The key is to make double-damn sure you read every little thing on every screen you click through. You never know when one click will send you hurtling down the e-commerce road to despair and heartache.

I just went to Buy.com and bought a new Canon Pixma ip4500 printer. After one-time "new card" savings of $50 (nothing to sneeze at!) and no tax or shipping, it ended up costing me $36. How can you lose? I've cursed my current printer for ages, and even though I've still got a couple of color cartridges (it uses 3 individual color cartridges) still new in the wrappers, my black one just ran out. They want a whopping $25 for a new black one. Screw that. I curse Epson printers for their persnickety problematic performance and HP printers for their overpriced replacement ink cartridges. I've had very good luck with Canon though. The old one at Teresa and Sarah's house is still performing well after many years, and with the separate black and color ink cartridges it uses are only about 13 bucks each.

In other money news, I sold a sander on Craigslist yesterday for a whole $15 bucks. Hey, it's something I know I would never use again. I've decided that I will throw the proceeds for whatever I sell on Craigslist (unless it's some big-ticket item I need to money for) into my safe. It's always nice to be able to have some cash lying around for those after hours emergencies, right?

I did a couple other mundane things around the house yesterday too, like a load of laundry. I also finally replaced the burnt out light bulb above my bathroom sink that's been out for almost a year (woo, that was tough!). There is a row of 6 of those small, candelabra-base bulbs that make up the lighting above the sink. Because they're all clear instead of white I took them all out and cleaned them with glass cleaner. What a difference! I also adjusted the chain in my toilet flusher so it won't keep hanging up every now and then. One day I came home from work and it was still running...

Let's see what else...

I updated my movies listing on my website. That was pretty tedious because it took awhile, but it was still very easy because I have special movie software that automatically downloads all the movie data and generates the html files. All you need to do it input the title. I'm sure I entered well over 50 of them. It's been quite a while since I updated it last.

I spent a little time learning more about my new camera too. The guy I bought it from couldn't find the manual for it when I bought it, and although you can download it from Canon in PDF format (which I did right off the bat), it's not the same as having it in print. Sometimes I'd rather just lie down on the couch and read about it you know? Even though with a PDF file you can set how big the print is and skip around quickly and use the search function, I find that reading a manual on the computer is tedious. I did learn some stuff though, so that's good.

Yeah, it was a fairly crappy day yesterday so it was good to stay in, and I still managed to get a lot of stuff done.

No comments: