Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Busted!


Yes, Suzie and I were caught yesterday, and our office romance was killed. It was just a matter of time and we both knew it, but neither of us expected it to happen quite like it did.
I was upstairs in my usual easy chair and had just finished my sandwich when I heard her familiar footsteps. She had no sooner bent down and gave me a big kiss when she looked up over her glasses toward the area behind me that she had just come from.
"We've been caught," she said.
"Who?" I asked.
"Phil."
The word sent a chill.
He and Bernie took us both into an office and gave us a 5-minute stern lecture, admonishing us for "acting like high-school kids" and so on. We were basically put on a "no contact" order. While he was plainly pissed at us both, I was a little miffed that most of his ire was directed toward Sue instead of me. I'm sure it was partly due to the fact that it was her work time that we were caught on, but I think it's also that they tend to look down on women in the workplace.
So, touching when we pass each other, kisses in an empty hall, lunchtime hugs--All gone.

I received my new cell phone yesterday, so that was a good thing. I haven't transferred service over to it yet though--I still have to figure everything out and enter all my personal info before I start using it. I may keep my old one in the kitchen to use as a timer or something--I don't know. If nothing else I can keep it for a backup if I lose or break my new one.

It was nice to finally sell the tripod I've had on Craigslist for so long. Some guy came all the way down from Everett to buy it! We're talking a two-hour drive during the time he drove it. When he got here, he had a standard little digital camera that he was using to test it with. Talk about overkill! The tripod is easily twice the size of the one that I use for my picture-taking. It's more of a tripod for video than for still photography. Oh well... A sale is a sale as far as I'm concerned.

I hope nothing hits the fan today...

No comments: