Friday, April 04, 2008

So Many Things...


...Where to start? It's Friday--How about that for starters?

When I went to work on Wednesday a coworker brought be a computer motherboard that he was going to throw out after his upgrade. I was very surprised to find that he also included the processor, cooling fan, and a gigabyte of RAM in it as well! I don't like my current computer, and this might be just the "base" I need to tie my computer together into a good machine.

That same day, I went to Sarah's tennis match up at her school. I got home from work, switched over to the Harley (it was sunny but cold) and rode up to her school. Imagine my surprise to see her not there! I was sitting there on the bike watching the other players and I heard my phone make the "beep" the sound it makes when I miss a call (like I would ever hear it while I was riding the Harley, right?). It was from Teresa so I called her back. She told me that Sarah's team had a playoff of sorts within their team, and the loser (Sarah and her partner) would play with the JV team at the opposing school's court. In this case it was Auburn High, which is right near me here anyway. I jetted down and watched her play her first ever singles match. She lost, but still--I had never seen her play singles before. While I was there Teresa walked over and told me that her new puppy had broken her leg and was at the vet a few towns away getting fixed up. She's not sure what happened, but thinks it was badly startled by a neighbor dog charging the fence. It would have had to have gotten a leg wedged or twisted weirdly or something I would think. She had to leave early to go pick the dog up, so I invited Sarah to come by for dinner. I told her that Sue would be there too.

When I rode home it was obvious that Sue was hoping to have a much more intimate evening that it ended up being. Food was cooked and the hostess with the mostess was looking good. Unfortunately for us Sarah showed up about 15 minutes later and stayed until about 8:30, doing homework and filling out SAT testing applications.

Before going to the tennis match I managed to remember to call for a doctor's appointment, and that was scheduled for 3:30 yesterday afternoon. I also ended up setting up an appointment with my parents to photograph one of their vehicles so they could sell it on Craigslist. Both of those things happened right after work, so I took my camera with me to work so I could just stop by their house on the way to the doctor. My dad was in his usual surly form--Hollering and bitching at everything. He started bitching at my choice of where to take pictures of it at, and I basically told him, "You want me to take pictures of your truck or not? It will be fine right here." When I left he was screaming at mom about not instantly having the keys to the truck in his hand or some equally ridiculous thing. I was glad to leave and boogie over to the doctor's office. Besides refilling my annual prescription I also got him to prescribe some amoxicillin to me. I told him that I thought I had a recurring sinus infection, and after some conversation he concurred to the possibility. I'll give this a shot and see if it helps my occasional headaches and other symptoms. I was dismayed to find out when I got home that he had given me a prescription for a different size than I had been getting. That means basically that I only have a 30-day supply instead of a two-month supply. I don't have to cut these in half before taking (a good thing) but they will cost me a copay every month instead of every other month. Crap.

I sold another little trinket on Craigslist last night. Some guy that lives nearby came down and bought a circular saw blade I had for sale for $20. I don't know why, but it gives me a strange sort of hoarding satisfaction when I open my safe and put more cash in there. I should be careful--I'm starting to behave like Teresa or her brother...

My new cell phone is finally all programmed in with it's phone numbers and such, so now I can call and activate that. That's a pretty tedious process, but at least it got me more familiar with using it. My old phone was apparently very weird by today's standards.

Things are suddenly looking very busy at work. Bruce is gone for the next week or so, so I'm picking up a lot of the things that he normally does. Even besides that, however, things are still ramping up again. It's looking like I may be a lot more involved in paperwork-type things in the future. That's just as well--Things have been very slow lately, and given the choice I'd rather be "groomed" for white collar than blue collar. Looks like overtime in the future.

No comments: