Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tuesday Stuff


It was a good day at work for a change. Still busy, but a little more predictable and less stressful thanks to the fact that Bruce was back from his week in Florida. I felt myself feeling a slight bit better as the day wore on too as far as my sore ribcage went.

The day turned more interesting after I got home though, and started with a phone call from Sarah the instant I walked in the door.

"Daddy? Do you still have the spare key to my car?"

It turns out that she was going to move her car to the opposite end of the school grounds to where the tennis courts are, and when she dropped her armload of stuff into the hatchback of her car and closed it her keys were no longer in her hand. Been there, done that! So I hurried up there and got her into her car so she could get changed and join the rest of her tennis team at practice.

When I got back home I got my house all vacuumed like I've been meaning to do for several days. When that was over I was a victim of a "vacuum hot flash" and felt the need to go outside. What is it that makes people hot when they're vacuuming? It's not much exertion at all, and it seems that no matter how slow you do it, vacuuming makes you break a sweat. Anyway, I felt that was a good time to go out to the garage and get one of the wheels off the Harley to drop off for its new tire. I was just finishing that when Suzie drove up. Good timing!

We were just inside for a short time when the doorbell rang. Chris from next door was there, and the instant I opened the door, in blew his whirlwind of a daughter, Kailey. I'll tell you what--She is quite a handful. It was very funny watching her "interact" with Moana. She would actually walk up and say "hi" to her. When I wanted to take her picture next to Moana, she was a little hesitant, looking up at her as she cautiously inched herself closer to her.

The reason for the visit? Chris brought me some RAM for my laptop! Yep, "just like that" I went from 256K of RAM to 2 gigs. Pretty nice thing to do for a neighbor I'd say. We both agreed that the laptop was probably not sold with that little bit of RAM in it--Someone probably swapped the original sticks into their new machine when they sold this one. At any rate, now it's running much faster.

Thanks, Chris!


No comments: