Monday, April 07, 2008

When Words Can Fail


That was the basis of conversation between me and Suzie last night as I was hungrily wolfing the best-tasting homemade soup I have ever eaten.

How can a person possibly describe to readers something that tastes so good? You'd have to be a poet to even come close to being able to get such point across to someone in a blog, and even then it would be subject to whether or not the reader had ever experienced any of the descriptive words that were used to explain it. Like I've said before, could you explain a spiral staircase to a blind person that doesn't know what a spiral is?

If you haven't guessed by now, we had a killer soup for dinner. Sue came over at a little after noon with all her fixins and proceeded to fill my entire place with mouth-watering aromas all afternoon. At best I was able to lift the lid and stir it every now and then, inhaling the intoxicating smells that wafted up from the pot. When it was finally determined time to eat, we also enjoyed a baguette fresh from the oven.

It was sure a great way to bring a killer weekend to a close!

No comments: