Monday, August 28, 2006

Another Good Day in a Great Weekend


Yep, although yesterday was not even as close to being as good as the Nudestock event, it was still a good day.

After getting up in the morning and still wearing the same "pool hair" I went to bed with (see my previous post), I spent a little time at the mirror, surveying the damage. Hmm... Not too bad. You know how sunburn takes a little while to show up fully. People are like bacon--They continue to cook for a while after you take them off the fire. Anyway, I look sorta reddish all over, but really not burned any worse than I had previously thought.

Yesterday was the annual end of summer family party hosted by my sister Jackie and her husband Gary over in Port Orchard. I wanted to take something (even though she always says not to) so I browsed around the web for a good appetizer to make--An easy one of course. I settled on stuffed cherry tomatoes. I altered the recipe, but it ended up being cream cheese, crumbled bacon, green onions, and grated Parmesan. They came out pretty good actually. In my opinion, much better than had they used the mayo that the recipe originally called out for instead of the cream cheese I used. They would've been even better had I not practically burned half the bacon... It also showed me that I need to pick up a good melonballer. I didn't have one and used a metal 1/2 teaspoon measure instead.

I threw the appetizer and my beer into the truck and went over to pick Sarah up. She was all ready to go, so after a quick stop for gas, we were off. For a change, traffic was very good going all the way over, and it's very possibly the first time we ever got there early. As per Sarah's prediction just before we got there, nobody was there yet except my parents.

Not much to report about the party itself. The weather was hot so we all just hung around drinking stuff like people always do when it's hot. I had the privilege of not having to worry about my drinking this time because I brought a designated driver with me. The attendance to the function was my sister Denise and her family, and my brother Denis and his family. Denis, his wife Kim, and their daughter Cassie all showed up on their two Harleys, so they were dressed a little warmer than they probably wanted to be. Sarah and I both brought swimsuits, but neither of us ended up in Jackie's pool.

Sarah drove home without any problems. As usual, she was apprehensive about driving the truck (it's so big!) but she did well. I offered her lots of good-natured coaching (without being a pain in the ass) about things like following distance, why certain lanes might be better under certain situations, etc. You keep drilling, and even if only 10% takes, it's something learned.

All in all it was a good day and a great weekend. Now I want to go back to the nudist park.

No comments: