Friday, August 18, 2006

Woohoo, It's Friday!


But unfortunately it's only Friday morning. I feel much better about it being Friday when I'm walking to my car at work this afternoon at 2:30.

I never did go out for any of the "Taco Thursday" events yesterday. The more I thought about it, the more I decided it really didn't make sense much to me. I think the reason they do these sort of promos is because nobody ever wants to go out on Thursday night.

I finished up my vac pac project with the Foodsaver and it went real well. I had to be careful pulling the individual pieces of chicken breast apart from the Handi Wrap because they were frozen, but they vacuumed much, much easier after being frozen first. It's nice to be able to just open the freezer and grab one or two servings of something and throw it in the fridge to defrost without having to come home later to a puddle of nasty stuff oozing out of it and dripping all over in the fridge.

I went over to Sarah and Teresa's house later on to give T her child support check, and Sarah kept me there by showing me clips from her Will Ferrell dvd. T said she got a call from a school friend the other day and told her that her high school reunion was taking place this weekend and asked if she was going. Well, she's never been an outgoing person, and she said she hardly knew anyone at school even back then, but she is going to go to their "freebie" Friday night event at some bar somewhere. The gals are picking her up tonight at 6 or so. She said she had no interest in paying $35 for the more formal Saturday night dinner. She really has trouble shelling out the tiniest amount of money... Especially something like a dinner. She knows she could just eat at McDonalds or something and save $30. (Insert eye roll here.)

Sarah is going to stay over tonight, so I won't be able to be my usual nudie self. Oh well. It's about time--She hasn't stayed over since right after I moved in back in February. We more or less decided last weekend at the concert that she would this weekend, but with Teresa being out all evening, it makes sense anyway. I told her to gather up all of the movies and we'll go through them and start dividing them up. That may take a while beings that there is almost 500 of them. The main objective is to make three piles: the "me only" pile, the "them only" pile, and a pile that both of us want to own the movie, in which case they need to be copied. It should be fun. Sarah likes doing projects like that. I guess we'll throw a pizza into the mix too. I've got some laundry to do too... I hope I don't embarrass myself too much when she comes over. At least my house is always clean--Both bathrooms were just done last weekend too. Actually, now that I think about it I have nothing at all to worry about because my place is like a hundred times cleaner then theirs is at any given time anyway.

But having to wear clothes all the time... I hope the neighbor lady across the back fence isn't too disappointed.

No comments: