Sunday, August 20, 2006

Lazy Mode


Yes, I'm feeling like I'm in lazy mode today.

Sarah and I ended up on the Harley yesterday at about noon, and by the end of the day ended up with 75 miles on it. The weather was fantastic, so I was just in my t-shirt all day. The idea was to head to Seattle by way of any roads other than freeways, only because they're so boring and noisy.

We made our first stop at Downtown Harley in Tukwila, which is where my sister used to work as the service manager. They have a great lunch every Saturday, and it's always great quality stuff. Yesterday they had cheeseburgers, Johnsonville brats, chips, salad, drinks... Whichever you wanted. Always free or throw something into the donation can if you like.

From there we wound our way through the heart of Boeing country in South Seattle, on through downtown and Pioneer Square. As we followed the road next to the water, we could see the HUGE turnout for Seattle's Hempfest which is going on all weekend. Although I was temped, we didn't stop. Not something I feel like Sarah needs to experience, even though it's supposed to be a "non-smoking" event. We continued to Ballard and ended up at Archie McPhee's, the home of some of the weirdest shit you'll ever find in a store. It's just a fun place to wander around in. I bought myself one of those cans that you turn upside down and it makes a cow mooing sound. I wanted to take it to work so I would have something to do when someone jokingly accuses me of "milking it" when I'm sitting at my desk doing paperwork. Sarah ended up buying a little 90-degree periscope thing... Basically a mirror inside of a little plastic viewer.

From there we ended up winding our way through town, all the while in my mind I was trying to pick the best routes for scenery and to minimize stop-and-go traffic. We went all the way south alongside Lake Union to Renton, where we stopped at Fry's Electronics and I bought myself another computer hard drive (cheap!).

From there we went directly home where I dropped her off at her place. I sat there talking with Teresa just long enough for the bike to be slightly cooled down, and when I started it and went to take off, it popped and died and fell over. Jeez... I hadn't done that since the day I first brought it home. Anyway, when that happens it doesn't fall all the way over anyway--I only goes as far down as the engine guards allow, which is about a 30-degree angle to the ground. Still, it's heavy (and embarrassing)!

I was tired when I got home, that's for sure. Teresa gave me a pork roast to take with me because she cooked two of them, so I had a good dinner when I got home. At bedtime I ended up outside on the patio, still fully nude, lying on the warm concrete. I lay there for almost an hour enjoying the cool air and staring up at the stars. I didn't see any shooting stars, but did see what appeared to be 3 satellites at different times.

My lower back is still a bit sore this morning. It must be all the stopping and starting while supporting a passenger that I'm not used to. It takes more out of you than you think. I think I'll just veg out today and eventually lie out in the sun some as well.

No comments: