Monday, August 07, 2006

What makes a nudist anyway?


I hate clothes.

I don't recall always being that way, but it seems like the older I got, the more I resented having to wear them.

Obviously there are times when clothes have their place. I'm not talking about "society-dictated" places ( i.e. "public" ), I'm talking climate. People should wear some item of clothing if they're cold and it makes them more comfortable.

Depending on the temperature, the instant I get home the clothes come off. You know what though? I love being outdoors nude. There's something about being out in the sun on a breezy day that makes you feel alive. It turns all the little hairs that cover your body into little receptors of sensory input.

I know I really should join a nudist community to take full advantage of what the warmer months have to offer here in Washington, but for some reason I feel odd about it. On one hand you're in a nice, safe place where you can feel natural and enjoy yourself, but on the other hand, it's like you're in hiding. It's almost a zoo mentality, and I'm not a fan of zoo's.

I go up into the woods to be nude on occasion. A very large percentage of this state is heavily forested, and I'll go up to a secluded area in the mountains sometimes and just wander around like nature boy all day. I'll spend the afternoon enjoying the sun on my body, the sounds of birds, the blowing breezes, and the fantastic smells that make up the forests. A bonus is when I find a great spot for a swim too.

You know what I really want to do? I want to be able to go outside in the nude and wash my car. Is that too much to ask? It seems so perfectly natural to be able to do something like that without having to worry about getting your clothes wet.

Society doesn't think people should be nudies.

No comments: