Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Concert Report


The Endfest concert that Sarah and I attended last night was great, but there were a few things that could've been better. The first thing is that while we got there in plenty of time before the music started (say, 30 minutes or so), we didn't get there in time to get an Endfest 15 t-shirt. They ran out while we were in line. To make matters worse, they were all over being worn or carried by concert-goers... As if to rub it in our faces. We also stopped by all 3 of the merchandise stands to get a t-shirt for Sarah from one of her favorite bands and they were all out of them.

Another thing I didn't do correctly was bring a few extra articles of clothing. You'd think I would've learned from last year... Actually, I did learn a little from last year, and brought a light jacket, but I really would've liked to have long pants and maybe shoes and socks instead of the sandals I was wearing. It gets a little chilly when the sun drops.

Some things were out of our hands though. For example, two of the bands that were originally scheduled to play did not. One of them we knew about--It was posted on their website and was replaced by another band (neither of us liked their performance... It was horrible), but one of them that we each wanted to see cancelled. Some guy with a megaphone was going up and down the entrance line announcing that last minute change. Jeez... What else?

Now for the good:

The weather was perfect, and stayed in the upper 70's all day long. The smaller stage that was running the first 5 bands had some really great stuff, and we got to be within 30 or 40 feet of them. That was good entertainment being that close to them.
The headline act at the end of the night from 9pm to almost 10:45 was the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I like their stuff okay and so does Sarah, but neither of us were that keen on them when we went to the concert. We went for a few of the other bands really. I must say though... We were both blown away. Those guys are fantastic musicians! I have seen a lot of concerts in my life, but I have never seen anyone hammer a bass guitar like that guy can. That was truly the most amazing bass playing I have ever seen, and he was showcased a lot in their songs with solos and the like. The guitar and drums were no exception--The whole band had perfect stage presence, perfect sound, and great song choices. It was truly phenomenal. Then to top it off, during their show, we saw 2 shooting stars (at different times of course) and watched a huge yellow moon rise over the hill just to the left of the stage.

Our final good thing was that we left during their encore and was able to get out of there with NO traffic troubles whatsoever. It was cool.

Sarah didn't want to stay over at the house, so I took her home after. They had just gotten home the night before from being away at friends' over near Spokane for almost two weeks, so she wanted her own bed. She said she'd stay next weekend though.

All in all, it was a good night. What few pictures I took are up on my website. You can always click the link to My Hidden Page over on the right here ---> then click the Pictures link in the menu, but for speed, I'll link them for you right here:

Our EndFest pictures

I think I'll be hopping on the Harley and riding south to cousin Melinda's house today. It's her husband's birthday today, and it's been a while since I've been there anyway. That ought to be a good way to spend a sunny Sunday.

No comments: