Saturday, August 19, 2006

Ka Ching!


I was just about to leave work early yesterday to make a special delivery to a customer on my way home, and for payment they were going to clock me out at my usual time (which meant a 15-minute freebie). The only thing is the fact that it's payday, which means one of the LaCroix brothers have to bring me my paycheck before I leave. Phil (the owner) brought it out to me, then says, "Rick, come over here... I need to talk to you for a minute."

Uh oh.

Or so I thought anyway. Turns out, he gave me a buck and a half raise!. That's not bad... 5 raises in just over 4 years... And usually they're just a dollar. Another thing that's cool is the fact that I have never had to ask for any of them. Well that made me happy all right. The hard part is not having anyone to tell it to.

I went over and picked Sarah up last night, and already had stopped at Papa Murphy's (our local take & bake shop) for a giant pizza. We gathered ALL of the movies they had over there and put them into a big box for us to go through later. On the way home, I stopped at a grocery store for some beer and let her pick out a breakfast cereal she liked as well.

As soon as we got here and put the pizza in the oven, we took all the movies out and started going through them. In no time it seemed like the pizza was done, so we stopped and picked out one to watch. By the time it was over, it was starting to look like we'd never get anywhere with our "project" of dividing them up. We sat down and jumped into it again. We managed to make good headway, but still... Almost 500 movies... Whew. We ended up with more "stacks" than we thought we'd have: Pure shit (nobody wanted), Sarah's specials (Disney type movies), movies I wanted that they didn't, movies they wanted that I didn't, movies both of us wanted that needed to be copied... Wow. There were also so many of them that we had never seen yet and didn't know whether we wanted them or not.

Sarah is still sleeping right now. It's been so long since I've had to dress when I got up that I'm finding it very hard. I almost went out of my bedroom naked without thinking about it right off the bat... Not that it mattered if she was still in bed. Still, it's tough...

She's not going to stay the whole weekend. She and Teresa are planning on going somewhere fairly early (which to them probably means around 9 or 10 o'clock) for some more school shopping, so she'll come by and pick Sarah up then I guess. I'd like to hear how her 30-year reunion of sorts went last night, and to see whether or not she was enticed into attending the bigger bash tonight or not. Neither she or Sarah are very outgoing if they don't know people.

I was thinking about taking Sarah up to Seattle on the Harley and bumming around today, but I'll have to wait and see what kind of schedules we're both on. If nothing else, I want to make it up to Fry's Electronics to pick up a new hard drive for the computer.

The sun is up and it's looking like a hell of a nice day!

No comments: