Thursday, August 17, 2006

Morning Coffee Time Again


I don't have much to report today.

I was pleasantly surprised to get a visit on Yahoo last night from an old friend! Cheryl, if you're reading this, I've missed you an awful lot and I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. I'm still hoping for a nice chat fest in person and a chance to catch up on things my dear.

Yesterday was a very busy day at work, but it was mostly paperwork related. The press had to sit idle while I caught up (or tried to anyway) on my other duties. I like it because I get to interact with people up in the front of the building instead of being "locked" in the noise room at the back corner of the shop. That's more my style.

I hit one of the local discount grocery stores yesterday on the way home and dropped about $70 on a pile of much needed food goods. One of the things I bought was a giant pack of chicken breasts. I was in the mood for chicken the other day and remembered that I had a bag full of them in the freezer that my mom gave me for a house warming gift (along with other groceries). Evidently I remembered too late, because they were SO freezer burnt... I was surprised because they were in a store-bought resealable freezer bag. I guess it must've had a hole in it.

I have a Foodsaver that I've had for years and years. It's one of the few kitchen things that I "claimed" when I moved out of Teresa's house. She never used it anyway, and I'm just the kind of anal, organized person to use it. Last time I tried sealing chicken, I had a lot of trouble with it. I was trying to seal them while they were still fresh, and it kept getting to about the 95% point and then all of a sudden would suck juices up the bag and not want to seal right. This time I separated all the chicken breasts out (trimming them a bit as I saw fit to) onto pieces of plastic wrap and made two stacks of them in the freezer. Tonight when I get home I'll put them into Foodsaver vac pack bags. That is, if I can get them apart. It should work...

Today is Thursday, so that means that in the "biker" world, it's Taco Thursday. I think I need to go out and hit up a different place today. The place I've went to the last couple times is not bad as far as establishments go, but their beer is way overpriced and their tacos are just ordinary and boring. Maybe they're all that way. At least they do have live music most of the time. I'm not sure where to go, so I think the thing to do is to just get on my scoot and ride around for a while, and stop at a place that has lots of bikes outside. That seems like a pretty sure thing to me.

If nothing else, I'll get a ride in, right?

No comments: